Favorite Lines From The Harry Potter Series...

hmmm too many to pick but when dumbledore in PS said he go a puke flavoured bertie botts bean.

The first line from SS that made me laugh out loud: "(Uncle Vernon) hummed 'Tiptoe Through the Tulips' as he worked, and jumped at small noises."

My favorite line from DH was near the end during the King's Cross chapter, when Harry asks Dumbledore if he's dead, and Dumbledore replies, "On the whole, I think not" or something like that. (I lent the book to my mom, so I can't look up the exact quote.) I like this line, first, because it's classic Dumbledore, and because it finally answered the big question...Will Harry live?

I think one of my favourite lines is in OotP when Ron says 'One person can't feel all that', and Hermione replies 'not all of us have the emotional range of a teaspoon, Ron' and I was so happy when they put it in the movie!
also in OotP when they go to see Grawp, and Harry and Hermione are telling Ron about it 'and he knows me', Hermione sniffed, 'as Hermy'

there are others, but I'll have to reread...most of DH was very funny

"Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?" --Lord Voldemort, SS

*I just loved Voldemort and was so sad at the end of book 7. I cried buckets.*

I liked book 5 when they're talking about Cho and what she's feeling and Hermione spends a whole large paragraph talking about Cho when Ron says:
"No one could feel that much at once, they'd explode."
(Hermione): "Just because you've got the emoational range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."

Or, roughly that...I'm glad they kept some semblance of it in the movie at any rate. Loved that OotP included some lines straight from the book.

I love that quote from Hermione " ... or worse expelled!" But it isn't complete with out Ron's response "She needs to sort out her priorities" (possibly that's not the direct quote). It's one of my fav's from PS and I think it was hilarious in the movie.

Well, no one has come up with my two favourite quotes from the book, from the master of all epicness: Dumbledore.

>> "It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live."

>> “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

"It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live."

Grrr! I can't believe I forgot that one! I LOVE that quote. :) Thanks for reminding me.

Ahh, I have so many, most of them by Dumbledore or Fred and George, but this is one that is at the top of my blog, "It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. The quote in the post above mine is a favorite as well.

My favourite was in the last book with fred and george where george was pretending to be harry and got hit with a spell and lost his ear Mrs Weasley asked george how he was feeling and he said he was feeling "Holey" and fred said "Pathetic with the whole wide world of ear jokes before you, you go for holey?"

"We don't need letters on our sweaters to know who we are. We're not stupid -- we know we're called Gred and Forge."

Almost anytime either of them speak, it's hilarious.

I really liked the quote from HBP (I think) when Snape is teaching DADA:
Snape: Do you remember me telling you we are practising non-verbal spells, Potter?
Harry: Yes.
Snape: Yes
sir
Harry: There's no need to call me sir, Professor.

Also, EVERY TIME Harry is talking about Snape to Dumbledore and Harry says "Snape" and Dumbledore quickly jumps in and says "PROFESSOR Snape". It seriously had to happen like 50 times throughout the entire series and by the end, I was cracking up.

George Weasley at Percy's pontificating over ministry security;
"Shut up Weatherby,"
(Barty Crouch having revealed to the Weasleys Harry and Hermione that he didn't even know Percy's name.)

Damn you got there before me! I love that line. There are so many good ones though, it's almost impossible to choose!

That one will always be golden. If they don't put in it the films I think everyone will be severely disappointed. The bit party with Molly and Arthur and 'mollywobbles' is also pretty hilarious. I think a lot of my fave quotes come from book 6. It generally had a lighter more humorous tone.

I think all my favourites have already been mentioned! I quite like the mental image in the last book of Professor McGonagall running down the corridor shouting 'Charge!' with the herd of desks galloping along behind :D