Maps of what the earth could look like in the future.

perhaps sl;ightly offthread,but

Attachments

• 18F050v4.jpg
    18F050v4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 455
You can all take refuge with me, up in the Alpi, all Chronics' descendants invited!

*dances*

Meh mum's house is not flooded at +300. I'll tell her she can sleep in tranquillity (she'd hate to know that garden and orchard would become underwater grottos)

*dances with Giovanna*

Thanks for the invite! :)

Of course, we could maintain a house in the Highlands here, too.

I looked at a more reasonable 14m rise. I guess that's about 15yds. We use the British Imperial System of weights and measurements even if the British don't.
My house is fine as is most of the city. The bay is open ocean, Pt. Loma is an island, at least half a dozen Navy bases are gone, no airport, and no downtown. Only 2-3% might be under water, but what a devestating 2%! Funny thing is the entire border with Arizona is gone. I never thought that moving inland would move me from dry land to the bottom of the Gulf of Baja!

man... think of all that extra land we would have if we just syphoned some of that water off. Much more real estate. hmmm... Toss some water up to the moon.

the only problem would be a cooling effect because of the gain of the albedo effect, the ability reflect light. Water is darker, and it absorbs and maintains much of the solar radiation. You bring in land you are raising the albedo and thus lowering the earths temperature... unless of course you removed some from glaciers. but then that creates new problems and you don't have the new land.

meh... too many variables.