The chronicles word counter!

Thanks springs. Doubt I would have gotten this far if I wasn't a member of Chrons :)

Title: Ancient Technologies
Genre: Science Fiction, set in current time.
Start Date: August 2012
Word count: 20,022

Word count: 24,322

Have surprised myself by writing 10k in a month. Word count 23rd March was 14.2k :eek::eek::eek:

My sci-fi fiction novel: 2,000 words (kk I started it today)

My non-fiction politics book: 27,000 words (quarter done)

BACK ON THE HORSE!

After Christ knows how long with writer's block, I today started a new project called The House on the Hill and I wrote 6,332 words today. (!!!!) Like a burst pipe!

I feel giddy.

Blimey, you wrote loads yesterday!

So for me, the BLN: 11,559
The BGN: a mega 52,440

At the end of the second draft. Still a lot to do, but I'm happy that the plot has come together. Currently at 54,000, I'm expecting it to come out around the 80k mark, which seems to be where I mostly end up. Back to the start, and the long, slower proper writing of it.

Just broke the 60k mark. I was hoping to get to at least there on this draft by adding twiddly descriptive stuff, but I still have 78 pages to go and an extra pov to add for two chapters, so I think I'll get up to at least 65k, hopefully nearer 70.

So, hopefully another week or so, and then I can let it start to show its face in a shy fashion around some lovely people. :)

Word count: 24,322

Have surprised myself by writing 10k in a month. Word count 23rd March was 14.2k :eek::eek::eek:

Set myself a target to break 30k by end of April.

Word count: 30,174 :D

Some nice word counts being put up on here, I've not been lurking in this section for a while - well done everyone (and Glitch, actual proper writing now). I've had a few weeks of chilling, one WIP down, so I've been very relaxed. A few submissions off, see what happens.

The Many - I can't remember when I started it, but it's in poor shape and will need some hard editing. What a difference a few months can make. I've edited in 9,000 words (is that cheating, editing old stuff?) of 25k, so a lot of work left to do.

So... I've managed to sit down and write over 2k for the secret Santa (I just wrote 'Satan' ha!) yet, could only manage to add about 300 words to my actual WiP. *sigh*

Currently my WIP stands at just over 55'000 but plenty of that will be deleted when this draft is finished.

I am currently in the planning stage of a new fantasy novel set during 6th century England. I have finished a detailed plan (about 9,000 words) and am just finalising the initial stage of research. I am hoping to start the novel at the start of next month, with a projected word count of around 80,000 - 90,000 words.

Haven't been in here for ages, nice seeing all the word counts add up!

Been very inconsistent with writing due to impending move, and its just going to get worse for the next couple of months until we are settled in the US, but Tessa's first version is done and at present is at beta phase.

Shiny new WIP on the move, also lower-MG. Still at planning phase but having lots of fun with the ideas. So far the story has books, magic, science, cats, dogs and ghosts. Anything I'm missing? :D

Project nick-name: Magic

I also have a higher-MG story plotted out, nick-name Dreams, but Magic is calling, nay, shouting in my ear so it gets to go first. Hopefully it will help keep me sane when the packing boxes start to pile up!

My 'Big Ship' piece, that I've decided to do in first person with a slightly lighter style so am completely overhauling, is at a trifle more than fifteen thousand words. Which would not be bad except for the fact that the old cut (still in memory, and backed up) was about twenty-five thousand, and that I've discovered I no longer have a beginning – how did that happen. I've never had an end to this one; oh, a few notes of how it finishes, but no clear scene, because I wanted to give the characters more time to get comfortable first.

Dragons are on a low heat (they prefer it that way).

Right, the old WiP is boring me. I can't hear the characters and I had to stick a monster in there just for something to write the other day.

So, started something new. Currently at 518 words. Features a dog.