The chronicles word counter!

Endurance - 95000 and not changing too much as I'm buffing it.

As yet untitled (and unrelated to The Sleeping Gods) WIP - 8000 words

Title: Ancient Technologies
Genre: Science Fiction, near future.
Start Date: August 2012
Word count: 58,200

Written 1,160 words this evening. Not of the main WIP, unfortunately. But it's still the biggest chunk I've done in a while. :)

Hmmmmm. On the one hand good. On the other, naughty. Finish the wip!!!

Done some work on the main wip over the last few days. I'd say the first draft is now complete. Fair bit of editing to do though!

Genre: Science Fiction, near future.
Start Date: August 2012
Word count: 61,567

And so it begins again.

Title: The Maidenflower Dance v3.0
Genre: Science Fantasy
Start Date: May 2015
Word Count: 5868

Title: The Hammer of God
Genre: Military Science Fiction
Start Date: God knows, seriously started again early summer 2015
Word Count: 62,779
Sequel roughly plotted out over 3 pages.

Word Count: 65,081
written two new passages plus a captain's log. Not sure I put the captain's log in the right place, or indeed, one of the new passages, but I'll finish the second draft and go over it again...

Title: All to Ash
Genre: Low fantasy
Count: 89,943 (with a final chapter to go)
Status: Stuck on that damn last chapter so currently rewriting previous ones

Title: Life and Times of a Dark Lord: Book IX
Genre: comedic / parody fantasy
Count: 16,303
Status: stopped to finish other work. Note, in the story there are eight other books detailing his other incarnations. However those are never discussed because they are too boring or embarrassing.

Title: Island of Death
Started: 17th November 2015
Word counter: 1807
Status: Writing prologue for sequel to The Hammer of God, so wrote about a thousand words for it yesterday, wanted a break from Hammer plus didn't have much time to write this last week.

Wait...Do we post how many words we wrote, or how many words total in our current WIP?

Wait...Do we post how many words we wrote, or how many words total in our current WIP?

I think most people have used it as a way to track/update their total word count and ask for encouragement or prompting when slacking a bit (at least I believe that was the original intent of the thread... But that was started a long time ago).

Genre: Military Sci-Fi
Word Count: 65,944

Been editing mostly, rewritten a couple scenes. Removed a couple conversations.

Title: Man O'War
Genre: Biopunk
Word Count: 37,489
Start Date: September 2015

This was just a bundle of plans before November, when I added around 36,000 words for NanoWriMo, but haven't touched it since. I think the problem with binge-writing is you lose the taste for it soon afterwards! I have other projects that require attention in the meantime so will return to Man O'War in the new year.

Title: Beneath Imagined Skies (Working title, might not have any relevance to the story)
Genre: Fantasy mostly. Maybe a bit CyberPunk/SF though.
Word Count: 10,424 of projected 60k... ish
Start Date: 1st January 2016
Projected End Date: 1st March 2016

Well today is day one. I have been planning this four book series for about 4-5 months And have been waiting for the start of the new year for my self-set challenge. I've cut my hours in the day job to just 2 days a week for January and February, so I can treat them as though I was a full time writer and focus on writing these books. I have been writing since 9ish this morning, and had lunch breaks and various stretching (to be read as 'snacking') breaks in between, but mostly it been me, the couch and the computer. I have big plans, and the current word count of 10k tells me if I can keep that up, I'll easily have what I've planned (240k... Again a big ish) done by the finish date of March 1st.

Though having said that, I'm starting to wonder if the word count might be a little higher than I had anticipated, but we'll see This is purely first draft material (though I fairly confident that my first drafts are quite clean) and from March onwards is reserved for redraft and editing time.

I believe this thread offered a 'Pester me' button if wanted. If anyone feels inclined to, feel free to assume I have pushed this button if I don't update the word count at least every other day (tomorrow I won't be writing at all I don't think, as it's one of those pesky 'day job' days).

(y)

Title: Beneath Imagined Skies (Working title, might not have any relevance to the story)
Genre: Fantasy mostly. Maybe a bit CyberPunk/SF though.
Word Count: 10,424 of projected 60k... ish

Title: Beneath Imagined Skies (Working title)
Genre: Fantasy mostly.
Word Count: 20,963 of projected 60k... ish

Day two went much like day one, something along the lines of: Breakfast, writing, snack, writing, lunch, writing, snack, writing, writing, end.
Everything is going as I'd hoped. My plan is holding up, for a first draft, though already I'm slightly thinking that there might need to be some re-jigging to give the opening 10k a bit more immediacy and punch, but hook is hopefully there from situation, not plot??? But that's future LitlleStar's problem.
It's still got all the fun of discovering my first drafts as well, the way I planned left every bit as much room for adding in flares of excitement or humour (as far as my humour goes at least...) and it's a very enjoyable experience.

Still projecting a bit more than 60k at this rate... Even though everything so far from my scene by scene plan tells me my estimates were spot on. We'll see though.

(y)

Word Count: 20,963 of projected 60k... ish

Word Count: 28,474 of projected 60k... ish

Uggh, Had a slow day!
Just a little under 8k written, and I finished 20 minutes early or so (rather than get a little way through a scene and stop). Day off tomorrow, I have to go to silly day job again. Still very much on target though. I wonder if my brain will run out of steam before my back gives in from bad writing posture...(n)

(y)