Award-listed story available free online.

Ian Whates

Author and Editor
Earlier this year, Sarah Singleton's story, "The Disappeared" from the limited edition anthology Time Pieces, was nominated for 'Best Short Story' in the British Science Fiction Awards. It has now also appeared on the longlist for the same category in the British Fantasy Awards. It seems clear that I'm not the only person who thinks this is a cracking story!

To give more people the opportunity to read "The Disappeared", I've decided (with the author's kind permission) to make it available for a limited period to be read free on the NewCon Press website, at: The Disappeared Sarah Singleton

Please let me know what you make of it... and if any of you who are members of the British Fantasy Society should choose to vote for it, I wouldn't be offended... honest! :) (Time Pieces itself has also been nominated in the 'Best Anthology' category, by the way).

I'm delighted to say that Sarah's story "The Disappeared" has reached the six-strong shortlist for the BFS Awards. As a result, we are keeping it up on the website, where it will be available to read free via the above link until after Fantasycon in September.

Time Pieces, the signed, limited edition anthology which this story is from (launched last November), is going fast, with just 120 copies remaining... So anybody who wants to own a collectable, numbered and signed-by-all anthology of original fiction by some of the top names in British Science Fiction and Fantasy, had better buy a copy soon... if they haven't already done so. :)