Writers of the Future: I Need Feedback on My Short Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taft

I'm about to submit my latest short story to the Writers of the Future Contest (it has to be in by June 30th). Because of the nature of the contest, I don't want to post the story here as I'm not sure what constitutes exposure the contest officials would be unhappy with if the story does well and is later published in the WotF book.

So, if you're willing to read it in the next week or so (it's about 7K word), please post a message here and send me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. NOTE: also let me know if you want it sent as a Word, WordPerfect, RTF, or PDF file.

I think it's a fairly good story, and my previous entries to the contest have done pretty well (I was a semi-finalist in Q1 07).

If you're interested, let me know.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

ADD: Oh, and as a bonus, if you read and critique my story, I'll send you a copy of my semi-finalist story; it has some of the same characters in it and adds to the story I want you to critique. Someone thought it was good. It was in the top 20 stories out of about 2000 entries that quarter.

Last edited:
Hello Taft. Could you please give me some more details about the Writers of the Future contest - perhaps a link to a site? I am quite interested in joining writing contests. And I'm also looking forward to reading your story.

Thank you.

It's the mother of all fantasy/sci-fi short story contests here in the U.S.

Writers & Illustrators of the Future

Click on "Taft" and "send an e-mail to Taft" and send me your e-mail address and I'll send to story to you. And (as mentioned above), let me know what format you want it in.

It's the mother of all fantasy/sci-fi contest here in the U.S.

Click on "Taft" and "send e-mail to Taft" and I'll send you a copy of the story. As mentioned above, also let me know what format you want it in.

It's the mother of all fantasy/sci-fi contests here in the U.S.

Send me an e-mail via this site (tell me where to send it) and I'll send the story to you. As mentioned above, let me know what format you want it in.

It's the mother of all fantasy/sci-fi contests in the U.S.

Send me an e-mail via this site and I'll send you the story--just tell me what format you want it in.

Any feedback before the June 30th would be fine.

Anyone else willing to read it?

Times runnin' out.

I've gotten some great feedback so far, but I need one or more people to critique in the next three or four days.

I'll put it to my writer's critic group (small one and discreet). Between us we'll bounce it around for you and get back ASAP. Follow my post thread: Sonaria for my email address. And word format is best for us. Glad to help.

timelord4. I looked at your Sonora thread, but couldn't see your e-mail address; and it's blocked via your profile. Click on my name "Taft" and send me an e-mail so I know where to send it.

MissGuildedFee

Same thing. Send me an e-mail address.

What format do you want it in?

Thanks for the help, guys. Thanks you so much.

ADD: Feel free to be brutal. Nothing offends me. It is still fairly rough, so, again, any and all feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Done Taft.

Check your email. And good luck.

BTW. Did you read the rules. I think they want it in soft (paper) form. You'll have to get cracking to mail it...oops I forgot. You are in the US. Ah well. Still, you've a got a bit of work ahead of you. But I'm sure you're up to it.

Cheers TL:)

Thanks for reading it Timelord, and thanks for the very useful feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.