An ocean apart: Mara and Fox?

The BIG question. Bigger even than the future of life on Earth (at least according to my mailbox.) Will Mara and Fox ever be together again?

What kind of an author gives that kind of spoiler? Not me.

Condemned to live an ocean apart? Or what...?

I must say that that is VERY cruel of you!! Naturally the future of this romance is bigger than the future of earth! just like rose/Doctor Who is more important than shattering the entire universe....what?? *looks shifty*

Ahem.

('m trying not to give spoilers for people who haven't read Zenith, but...is tricky, so...BEWARE! Spoilers may be ahead!)
I would like to see them get together, but it's looking very grim..........However, I like the way that the dynamic and tensions created by their love is played with and tested in Zenith, and the way that the two characters cope and struggle with getting by, and therefore its impact on their missions. I also found very interesting the way in which characters outwith this relationship perceived Mara and Fox and approached them....I'm going to be quiet now, as I most definately need to reread the book...

PS. I finally got round joining! *waves*

*waves back from a very long way away* (an internet cafe on idyllic Greek island, so communication may be very intermittent in a sun and wine-hazed kind of way, for a while.)

Delighted to see the stalwart forum members regrouping. There are lots more lurking in the shadows....let's hope you can entice them out.

I forsee lots more dynamic tension in Aurora, Dork Lady...

I think i would have to agree with you there DL, looking grim... i really want to see them together too!
It was an interesting book, Zenith, i really enjoyed it as the second installment. but i have to say, i was rather frustrated with the ending, it leaves so much unanswered! but then i found out there was a third book coming and i was happier :). I couldn't put it down though, i was so absorbed the whole way through. Can't wait for Aurora.

i was MaraLillyBell on the old forum by the way.:) its really good to have the forum back again! i've missed it.. Good to see the regulars back again!

What greek island are you on Julie? i've just come back from Santorini, quite depressing because it's winter here and miserable and cold. but Santorini is just beautiful!

Good to hear from you again Frangipani (aka MaraLilyBell),

I was in beautiful Lesvos, so hot that we kept having power cuts and the heat had barbecued the moon into a stunning burnt orange. Bit of a shock to be back to a grim Scottish summer - though not so grim as England which seems to have hurtled hard into the Century of Storm quite a bit earlier than my fictional one in Exodus....

Sorry to leave you hanging with the ending of Zenith - though of course that WAS my intention ;)

i agree, i am more concerned with whether or not mara and fox will even see each other again, than what will happen in their worlds. *possilble spoiler for those who have not read zenith* And what is going on with mara and rowan now? will that get in the way? and is it my imagination or is there something with fox and pandora? anyone else have any thoughts on that?

I was thinking the same about the mara-rowan and Fox-Pandora thing,I finised Zenith yesterday!. The end left so many questions, i can't wait for the next one!
I'm all confused because i feel that Mara and Fox should be together, but then a part of me dosen't mind if things turn out differently (it's wrong, i know!)

I've been getting a bit of a hard time over the 'situation' of Mara and Fox. That is, me leaving them an ocean apart. Lots of upset letters and emails, not to mention a bit of utter fury over the ether. Oh dear. :( So, how can I put this?

IT'S NOT THE END OF THE STORY, PEOPLE!

And that's all I'm saying.

For now. :p

i definately agree with everyone here, mara and fox MUST see each other again, they MUST be together!! (also agree with TheDorkLady on the whole Rose and the Doctor thing too ;->) and im soo glad i was not the only one who has questions about the whole pandora/fox realtionship, but i think that rowan and maras whole love thing will blossom. cant wait for the next one!!

Is it really 13 years they (as in mara and fox) were apart? :O thats really too sad.
I have a straaange feeling fox will die and rowan and mara will get togther.

i certainly think that mara and fox should meet again and the revolution should somehow spread to every sky city.or maybe the sea recedes or something...i have some ideas but i do hope there is another book after zenith...its too sad

DeLune..it is wrong..lol...

i think something should happen to pandora to get her out of the picture to be honest because she could ruin everything for mara:mad:

I thought that Fox might be already dead at the end of zenith, or am i wrong? :confused: On another thread someone said it was 13 years later and i didnt spot a reference to fox at the end :( im probably wrong, ah well!

13 years is too too too long! Without Fox even meeting his daughter! Oh, that'll be another thing im excited to read :D

Oh, I DO hope Fox gets to meet Lilly! But that might be a little awkward... Here's that daughter you weren't even sure was yours!

Having Mara and Fox meet up for real in the third book would be too much like a happy ending....and be a cop out in my opinion. Keeping them apart makes for a much better and more realistic series of books.

Broomie, Clay, Tuck & Fox meeting up again with Mara and crew in the third book?? ....... readers will remember and appreciate these characters more if they remain apart. I have a feeling however that everyone will disagree with me!!!

i certainly do apogee but i can see
where your coming from...maybe not all the characters should not meet up bt shld meet up wiv a tragedy where some die just as they meet up??!?!!!?
pandora should either be gotten rid of or should end up with rowan so it means fox and mara can get together