KoTOR

Majimaune

Actum pro novus diem
I have borrowed the game of a friend. Who has played it and should I continue to play it? Is it any good? Some of the characters like Gamoreans are too smart (not meant to be) but that isn't that bad.

Maji.

KOTOR is one of the great innovators in games as far as i'm concerned. The storyline is better than that in KOTOR2, but the switching between melee and ranged hadn't yet been implemented. I still go back and play both games :)

the thing I enjoyed the most about KOTOR was my options. the skills and opportunities to use them are quite impressive. The ability to build and upgrade equipment, use your surroundings through repair, programming, diplomacy, and many other options made it a joy to play. The combat is strong, with the jump into more force oriented characters keeping it interesting even late game. Not to mention the brilliant plot, built-in sense of humour, and cool mini-games. The controls feel quite intuitive, and although there's a lot of plot cut out, the characters are often engaging and interesting.
I'm sure there are bits i've forgotten ;)

Agghhh I am stuck. I can't kill all the Sith fighter pilots to get off Taris. Any help.

I have found it is quite an addicting game. Love the little mini-games in it too.

I enjoyed it much more than the second one. There seemed to be quite good conversations between people and some of your actions have unexpected (but 'real') results. Quite clever.

Was a long time ago I played it, so cannot remember fighter pilots, sorry.

Was this with the assistance of any gunner's turrets? I seem to remember one where you could make it easier by repairing some turrets.

Failing that, never stop firing, and lead your targets. Let them come to you, aim just ahead of them, and if one goes out of range immediately target another one.

There's a radar which should help you target the ones behind you easily too.

KOTOR is perhaps one of the best RPGs out there. Not nesscarily long, but one of the best.

I din't see the radar. Once I did I got them all down quick like.

I really liked KOTOR, liked it a lot better than KOTOR2.
We got some guys in our Garrison, that chave costumes from the KOTOR game series.

There where plans for another game, but sadly that seems to have fallen through :(

Yeah, eventually all the SW nerds will have played all their games 10000000 times and will want a new one.

Kotor and Kotor II are ok. I enjoyed hacking into the game and modifying parts of it more than I did actually playing.

I don't think one is better than the other. They each had strong points and weak spots. I liked the characters in Kotor II better. GOTO was funny, as was the Assassin Droid. That Toydarion at the Nar Shaddaa landing pad had me splitting my sides.

Darth Nihilus was weak, and he had a dog face. While I didn't really like Sion's design at all. Kreia was perhaps one of the more interesting characters, who probably drove the story more than anyone else.

Kotor seemed more like Star Wars in general. I like the super sleuthing test you had to complete while training on Dantooine. Malak was worth a laugh, but cooler than the Sith Lords in Kotor II.

I think the Battlefront games pwn all Kotor games

I thought Keria was a simple character, until I tried playing the dark side, then she showed a whole new side to her :D

I enjoyed battlefront 2, but for replayability i quickly got bored with it.
Some of the mods on KOTOR were pretty cool!

I thought Keria was a simple character, until I tried playing the dark side, then she showed a whole new side to her :D

That Kreia...once you have her figured out, she changes all the rules. Pretty good for a video game character.

I enjoyed battlefront 2, but for replayability i quickly got bored with it.
I can definitely sympathize with this. But those Bespin hallways on the first Battlefront easily make the top 5000 experiences of my life:D There's nothing like blowing a destroyer droid half to space dust with your arc trooper, only to find that three others have entered the hallway -- and you have to reload. "Oh no."

Some of the mods on KOTOR were pretty cool!

[edit]Yeah. Wish I was better at creating them. Some of those fellers are real miracle workers. I laughed when I found out that the Empire At War demo was hackt on the first day of release!

Last edited:
Welcome, UnderTheOath. I still can't decide which one I like better.

Ar you serious? I've been hearing talk about a third for years now. *goes to Google* But I've heard nothing concrete yet.

Yeah neither have I but it would be interesting to play it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eradius Lore Game Discussions 0