Code Geass

Carmine Boy

Freudian Slip
Anybody watch this yet? I'm just blown away by how great this show is. Its produced by Sunrise (Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny) with character design done by CLAMP (Rayearth, X, CCS).

I'm usually not a big fan of the mecha genre but this anime has me sold. Mostly its because the main protagonist is an anti-hero (kinda like Light Yagami of Deathnote) and his main adversary in turn possesses all the traits of your traditional hero character. Its just fun to watch the good guys being lead by the villain while the forces of evil are championed by a heroic character. Fun times.:)

They've just recently, (about a month ago) put it on CN.

I like the Alternate History aspect, where you have this oppressive British Empire ruling over a ruined Japan. It has this byzantine storyline too, but that's as often confusing as it is interesting.

I quite enjoy Code Geass and yeah the whole hero on the bad guys side and anti hero on the good guys is really fun. Although I would not go so far as to say Lelouch is evil although some of his methods are quite dubious at times he is not completely bad like the Emperor.

Anybody watch this yet? I'm just blown away by how great this show is. Its produced by Sunrise (Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny) with character design done by CLAMP (Rayearth, X, CCS).

I'm usually not a big fan of the mecha genre but this anime has me sold. Mostly its because the main protagonist is an anti-hero (kinda like Light Yagami of Deathnote) and his main adversary in turn possesses all the traits of your traditional hero character. Its just fun to watch the good guys being lead by the villain while the forces of evil are championed by a heroic character. Fun times.:)

I have enjoyed what I've seen of Geass so far. I hope it continues to interest me.

I have only just bought the first volume (my being here in Aussieland and all) and I really enjoyed what I saw. If the character design being done by CLAMP wasn't enough to keep me watching than the fast paced dynamics of the show surely are... I sound like I'm advertising it...:eek:
Anyways, I really looks forward to the rest of the series.

I thought Code Geass had a lot of potential which got wasted on OTT action sequences & unneccesary sappiness, could have been much more if they had targeted the more thought provoked/mature audience... I disliked the actual animation they used, it reminded me of Death Note which also seemed like it had potential that went to waste, both having good storylines that were poorly executed.