The Best and Worst Gemmell Character

The worst character by far has to be Braefar (Sword in the storm/Midnight falcon) because he was a snide, traitorous wretch who got everything but had the hump because he was a wee bit jelly legged.... :eek:
The best character has to be Parmenion (Lion of Macedon/Dark prince) because from nothing he rose to become the most feared and powerful general of the Gemmell/Greek universe....
My opinions on this subject change according to how I feel at the time of writing but needless to say, I have read and own all Gemmell's books and simply love his characterisation and plot lines.... I read on here once that someone didn't like the fact that he used historical events/people for his stories.... Well I say, good on him for giving us an alternative to the same versions of all the historical material.... Gemmell really lightens my day

The only character in all Lord G 's stories that actually dislike is the split personality guy from Dark Moon. Interesting idea but badly conceived for me.

I really like all the others, all of them, every last one. Maybe not quite the best but I must mention the Chiatze ambassador from Quest for Lost Heroes just for this:

"I took you for an ugly, foul smelling, stupid barbarian whoreson. I was wrong. You are not stupid." Awesome!

Best- Jaim, Bane, Banokles, Connavar(Sword in the storm)

Worst- Braefer, Banouin (young), Connavar (Midnight Falcon).

I dont really dislike any characters from Troy. Maybe Hecuba.
Agamemnon is an evil person but I think that was written in history.

I'm currently on the Druss books so I have no opinion yet

Best - Jaim, Connovar, Druss (of course). For some reason, I liked Huntsekker, the guy who works for the Moidart in Stormrider.

Worst - Kiall from QFLH, it just felt like he learned nothing.

I have to say I never got on board with the Troy series, still haven't read the last book. It never got me the way nearly all the other books did.

I have to say I never got on board with the Troy series, still haven't read the last book. It never got me the way nearly all the other books did.
I'm right there with you. However, quite a lot of people seem to rate it.