The Best and Worst Gemmell Character

I think what made Sigarni so difficult to like was the fact that she was "lose". It goes back to the whole thing that Sieben mentioned to Druss about how the women were meant to be. Its an subconsious thing I think. On recent rereads of the series Ive come to not think to badly on her. Its a weird thing but I think that IM coming to rate Hawk Eternal series higher than Echoes (ducks and runs for cover.)

so many good charcters! i'm probably going to list lots!!

Waylander is my fave! I think that was the first Gemmell book i read. I was so sad with Hero in the Shadows! Yu Yu was also cool!
Next is Shannow. i feel sorry for him, but i love him. I know this sounds wierd, and my dad laughs at it, but he reminds me of my dad :p.
Con is ok. but how can you not feel sorry for Braefar? Each to their own, but i cant help but pity him:(.
Druss is a fave too! DRUSS!
Winter Warriors rocked! I love Bison!
And Jerak, aka MorningStar. He is cool. Mum cant stand him or Owen though.
And Skilgannon! I almost forgot Skilgannon.

I'm sorry, but if i mention all the Characters i love, im going to be here forever. But ill hang around, and yell at people who got it 'wrong' :p:cool::rolleyes:. lol. i've think there's around 7 books i havent read yet...i cant find them! So, i cant make a comment on Sigarni (did i spell it right? ive read the second hawk eternal book though.), or Knights of Dark Reknown, Dark Moon, StormRider.

Shannow is my new fav DG character. He is such a tragic hero that you feel sorry for him alot of the times. He is alittle nuts in the head too, he is very moral despite he kills when he has to.

Ihave changed my mind now that i have read more of him, i dont think any of DG are worst, they are all great in thier own way.

Braefar i never felt pity for. He enjoyed too much at hurting his own brother who showed him nothing but love even after what Braefar did to him.

Braefar i never felt pity for. He enjoyed too much at hurting his own brother who showed him nothing but love even after what Braefar did to him.

That is why i pity him. He imagined people looking down on him, slighting him, hating him, feelings that were never there. Dopey *******:(.

Yeah but that was his own doing and still you could say he is a poor fool until: he told Connavar about his love getting married while Con was away after the bear attack just to see him suffer.

i forgot a character i go on about all the time. I dont know how relevent it is to the topic, but i love Kai from the first Waylander book. he is definately in my top list.

Kai was always something of a mystery, I would have loved to have found out if he was still alive in later novels or whether the Nadir drove him and the others out of Ramboas.

i would have loved to find out what Kai IS. that would have been interesting.

As far as I can tell, after reading through Waylander again, I think he is meant to be one of the 'things' from Raboas. In the novel, a character mentions that there is a river in the area that turns black and the children in the womens wombs become these creatures, and left on the mountainside to die. They mostly end up becoming the guards of Raboas it appears, but as Kai was kept for a while by his tribe, which he mentions lived by a river, it seems he became domesticated

my favorites would probebly have to be: bane, waylander, druss(of course), parmenion, sieben, and i forget his name the mykene who helped helikaon in troy. the ones i thought where worst ones would probebly be: Tenaka(though he is a badass fighter), Kealin ring, Agamemnon(just wasnt real unough for me) and thats about it.

oh ya and another favorite i have would be three swords he was a badass fighter and i thought there should be more about him.

Just discovered the forum so 1st post.
Have been reading David Gemmells books since 1990 and picked Legend as 1st book i read - got it our of local library (followed very swiflty by everything else i could find!). Favourite all time character within this book was for me Gilad - the others tended to be great characters but Gilad was the one that was in someway easiest to identify with and it stuck. Towards the end i believe there is a comment along the lines that Druss has not seen Gilad yet (on the other side) so always hoped for a reappearance!!
As for other favourite/best characters feel there are so many is hard to say - liked Stavut though!

Got to be Waylander for me. Although Conn, bane, and parmenion all run close. Jaim grymauch too!

Worst... Not fond of signari as a leading lady, struggling to think of other "goodies" that i hated. Actually, i wasn't too fond of ballister the dwarfuntil he "grew up" as it were, which was quite humorous.

First post on the forum, hi :D

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay at DG forums and Chronicles :)

Speaking about Parmenion i just finished Lion of Macedon for the first time and i thought he was great you really felt alot for him.

I can't believe that in all this no-one has mentioned Banokles from the Troy books.

He was great in the second novel & just as good in the Fall of Kings.

The comment from him about the young prince in Sheld of Thunder was hilarious - Banokles has no wish to sleep next to the strange little boy who cut peoples throats - classic

Waylander for me, no contest, followed by Druss, Tenaka Khan and Skilgannon. I loved his Parmenion, too.

Can't think of a worst right now, has been a while since I read anything...