The Best and Worst Gemmell Character

i want to add i like the guy from the skilgangon books (the second one, sword of night and day) who had all the bad headaches. men in pain is attractive to me (don't ask)
tho i don't like skilgangon himself that much. i prefer waylander :)

Howdy. You all make good points,(that was a good argument about the Tenaka Khan issue) and the answer is probably too individual to each person for us to agree. I'm going to throw a new name into the ring, Helikaon. Overcame all his fears but not his demons...

best mannanan--closely followed by druss--ananais--tenaka khan--connavar and shannow(so many good ones)
cant think of a worst

Best character: Yu Yu Liang, definatly one of the funniest ones. I also liked the guy who was at Skeln with Druss, and also in the first Skillgannon book. Can't remember his name or be arsed to get up and go look :) The Riaz Nor were ace, as was Helikaon.

As for worst charcter, I don't really have one, but Jon Shannow is just a bible-bashing Waylander with guns so therefore not as cool. Also I never got the whole Skillgannon thing, just seemed to me to be a cross between a few of DG's other character's. That still made it very readable and I really liked the books but I would not put Skillgannon above the others.

I can't beleive I've not put my tw-bits in yet on this thread
Best- Jon Shannow, waylander the slayer and Daniel Cade
Worst- Ironhands daughter or ollathair from KoDR

The only characters I have read of DG's are...
Dace...I liked
Skillgannon...I liked
Druss...I liked
And I really did like Jaim...goes where angels fear to tread and doesnt question why just goes where he has to. A lot like Druss I guess.

hi, i'm new to the forum.

i think my favorite character has to be bison from winter warriors. he is a gruff, likeable character who has the best death scene in any book that i have read.

'did you know,' he told them, 'that i have wings? big white wings? i fly ... over ... mountains.'

genius.

The best would have to be Skilgannon th Damned ,i picked him because it was white wolf that got me into reading Gemmell's books but Con and Bane come close seconds

before i begin - forgive me my spelling!

I liked Druss, of course....
And Waylander...
and Skila..... i dont think i'll attempt to spell that....

Someone remind me - who is Dace - what book?
i like Caswollan - from the Hawk Eternal, and i didnt mind the Battle Queen either...

worst character??? the leader of the Aienir race. He was mean. and Amiziga from the Bloodstone books....

Sparrahawk said:
hi, i'm new to the forum.

i think my favorite character has to be bison from winter warriors. he is a gruff, likeable character who has the best death scene in any book that i have read.

'did you know,' he told them, 'that i have wings? big white wings? i fly ... over ... mountains.'

genius.

Oh yes - i liked him and that bit espeically! Gemmell has a way with big drunk heroes eh :eek:)

Re: best and worst gemmell character

Best Bane or The Ice Killer or Culain or Skilgannon

Worst would have to be Signari

Druss has by far been the best to me. He's the character I get most excited about reading. So kickass, yet so lovable... like a huge slashy teddybear. <3 Um.. and I liked Skilgannon - his battle style was my favourite especially.

Worst? I think.. maybe Kiall, because to me his character just wasn't very strong.. atleast, not very memorable in my opinion.