Discworld news

Who's Wee Dug

News From Terry Pratchett

26th February 2007
The news here is that Making Money has gone off to the publisher; currently the various works in progress are The Folklore of Discworld, which I am working on with Jacqueline Simpson (co-author of the Lore of the Land, among many other books on folklore), Lu-Tse’s Yearbook of Enlightenment (the next Discworld diary) and Nation, a young adult book for next year, which is not Discworld, and not what people are usually thinking about when they use the term fantasy. I am about 10,000 words into it already and actually wrote about 5,000 words of it when I was at the Australian convention a few weeks ago. Well, if the jetlag means you are wide awake at three o’clock in the morning, why waste the time! ":)

tried to put in new cover but no joy

Damnit, I have got to start reading more Pratchett books, otherwise I'm going to fall behind! Alas, my collection is at home...2 and a half more weeks until I can read them!

Re: Discworld news (updated book cover)

:D
makingmoney-1.jpg
:D
Martin Walker sent me the synopsis of Making Money. It really makes
me want to read it now. Unfortunately we will have to wait until it
is released in October.

"It's an offer you can't refuse. Who would not wish to be the man
in charge of Ankh-Morpork's Royal Mint and the bank next door?
It's a job for life. But, as former con-man Moist von Lipwig is
learning, the life is not necessarily for long. The Chief Cashier
is almost certainly a vampire. There's something nameless in the
cellar (and the cellar itself is pretty nameless), it turns out
that the Royal Mint runs at a loss. A 300-year-old wizard is
after his girlfriend, he's about to be exposed as a fraud, but the
Assassins Guild might get him first. In fact lot of people want
him dead. Oh. And every day he has to take the Chairman for
walkies. Everywhere he looks he's making enemies. What he should
be doing is ... Making Money!"

Last edited:
i always look forward to the new books and then when i finnish with them they pass round the house till we have all had a good smile.

Excellent, I can't wait for Making Money! It's nice to see there's another YA Pratchett book in the works, too. :D

Should be great! I like the dilemma inside Moist that could make him into one of the greats, standing alongside Vimes, Granny, and Death.
I loved Going Postal... "What kind of person would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Aside from, say, the average voter."

Add me to the the list of folks who are happy to see the return of Moist von Lipwig. Pratchett's best stories are the stories like Going Postal, Monstrous Regiment, or most of the Watch based books that revolve around characters like Moist and Vimes who are not one-dimensional. That's not to say I don't get a kick out of the wizards, vampires, and so many of the other rather unconvential beings that inhabit the Disc, but sometimes it's nice to read about characters as opposed to caricatures.

Hi! This is my first time on this forum since I just stumbled across it yesterday.

Anyway, I'm so excited about new books coming out. I just finished reading Thud! (again) today and was depressed that I didn't have a new Pratchett book to start. I can't wait! :D

Hi Susan and welcome pop into introductions, you'll get lots of welcome messages there.

The more TP fans the better :D ;)

It's a book with the best quotes from the Discworld series, I've been told.

Back