First Lines

"I'm not very good at first line or openers, and I'm no bloody writer, so I'll cut right to the meat of things."

"By the time I was killed for the third time I was starting to get used to it"

Great thread!

It was only a memory now, just like her childhood; something she would always recall with fondness but knew she was never going to get back.

"It's not a cheese sandwich you idiot..." The explosion prevented further discussion.

"When you've been doomed to die three times in one day the fourth time always seems to be just going to far."

Or, the all time best for making someone do something:

"Whatever you do, don't read this."

The rain came down in sheets, all but obscuring the distant ruins he had travelled so far to see, where it was supposed to be found.

Once upon a time there was a young, orphan boy who got stabbed to death and then ripped apart by rabid dogs before the story I am about to tell you began.

"Mommy, I think I went doody in my pants!" Hanna creid from the backseat. Marge turned around and was assailed by a horrid smell and Hanna, waving an empty diaper in front of her face.

It does sound like it'd make a good story, doesn't it?:D

Ahem!

They found the ruin deep within the earth, and no-one was prepared for what lay inside.