What comic books/graphic novels are you reading at the moment?

I've just finished reading the Runaways (volumes 1 to 7) and next on my list is the fourth volume of the Sandman series...

Ay Runaway was a nice series.

Now im reading Batman: Detective comics 830-833.

Also the manga Beck, about a strugglin indie band.

Also 52, the damn DC event.

i know this isnt really about books but if any of you have any good websites where they show VW campers because my friend is doing up hers and i want to give her some inspriation. so please help !

Still reading Saiyuki, and will probably go on to Masamune Shirow's Dominion when I've finished.

Wiked, you might try asking in the Lounge area here. I don't know of any sites, but someone there might.:)

The Bizzaro Comics tpb is pretty sweet - it's a collection of witty, sideways takes on DC superheroes by non-superhero comics creators like Evan Dorkin and the like. Perhaps the best re-interpetations and re-affirmations of the DC universe in a long time, Infinite Crises be damned!

Also re-read The Books Of Magic by Neil Gaiman. I love the bits drawn by Charles Vess the best!

The Watchmen collection followed by League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vols I & II
I'm also reading the League, although I started with vol. 2 since I was given it as a Christmas present last year (well-meaning but not completely clued-up relatives, unaware that more than 1 vol. existed...)

I do intend to pick up vol. 1 very soon as I was totally charmed by the whole concept (good old Alan Moore, should never doubt his abilities).

Currently re-reading Transmetropolitan. I never noticed first time round how much Spider Jerusalem looks like Alan Moore in the first issue.

Picked up a whole stack of old Cloak & Dagger comics over the weekend. They are all in sets and all the sets are complete apart from one which is missing book 1.

I used to read Cloak & Dagger way back when I was in school and then they suddenly vanished of the shelves. It was therefore, very much a pleasure to find this lot.

Now to go and hunt down comics with Dr Strange and comics with Spectre.

The Sandman Preludes Nocturnes Vol 1

Even though the art is very late 80's. Its looks very good for the comic. I already see why Sandman is so famous. Very interesting first chapter.It helps that my fav comic character of them all John Constantine was in the early chapters.

I laughed out hard in the living room and my father and sibling looked at me like i was crazy. It was when Dream thought " Constantine is only human what can possibly go wrong ?" It was hilarious for me who have read JC for a long time:)

Got a bit of a Marvel thing going on at the moment. Reading lots of things; World war Hulk, Sub Mariner, Spider man (the "back in black" storyline is superb), new avengers Illuminati and just started reading the X-men "endangered species" crossover

I just finished The Sandman Vol. 2 (my mom's holding the next three volumes hostage until I do my AP English homework) and I'm reading Hellblazer.

Picked up a couple of comics called the Bozz Chronicles at the weekend flea market. I'm hoping to find more because I really love these.

The title character is an alien who crashes on Earth in Victorian Era London. Intellectually years ahead of humans he grows bored on Earth and attempts suicide. He's found by a prostitute who realises there is an opportunity and opens a detective agency that kept Bozz's mind active while making money and keeping her off the street. The cases they take are never simple crimes. There are always demons and magic involved.

I found a load of old manga in a bag in a cupboard, so I've been looking through those. Old Bubblegum Crisis, Evangelion, Appleseed and Dirty Pair.

Was given some of these and picked the rest up over the last two weeks:

The Arrival
by Darren Shan
The Complete Moomin Comic Strips by Tove Jansson
Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman & R. Craig Russell
Elric: The Making Of A Sorceror by Michael Moorcock & Walter Simonson

Re-reading Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic vol 2 and Marvel 1602. Plus waiting very patiently for Saiyuki reload vol 8 to come out (Aug/Sept next year).

Back