What comic books/graphic novels are you reading at the moment?

Discussion in 'Graphic Novels and Comics' started by Talysia, Feb 17, 2007.

Talysia

Talysia Lady of Autumn

So, which graphic novels or comic books are you reading at the moment? It doesn't matter what genre - from Marvel to manga - so let us know here.

Myself, I'm reading Ghost in the Shell, by Masamune Shirow, again, followed by his other works, Dominion, and Black Magic.

How about everyone else?
    Brown Rat

Brown Rat wandering & wondering

I just read the third volume of collected comics of Joss Whedon's version of the Astonishing X-Men.
    Cycodave

Cycodave New Member

Just finished reading 'Bad Company - Goodbye Krool World' graphic novel by Peter Milligan, Brett Ewins, Jim McCarthy and Steve Dillon - Remember reading this years ago.....well worth a look.
    Talysia

Talysia Lady of Autumn

Re-reading Neil Gaiman/Yoshitaka Amano's The Dream Hunters. What can I say, it's one of my favourites. About to read RG Veda, by CLAMP.
    Alienweirdo

Alienweirdo Likes Comics and Pudding

Going through a Hellboy phase at the moment. Just finished Hellboy 'Conqueror Worm', now might go on to the B.P.R.D. comics.

Also reading a Hellboy Novel, 'The Bones of Giants'. Its actually really good, a lot more engrossing then some of the comic stories.
    The_Warrior

The_Warrior New Member

(You know they're making an Hell Bow video game for the PS3?)

Sadly, I'm not reading any at the moment, but I know I should, I just don't know what yet. I've read others before(mostly manga), but now I've beeen so caught in my books that I'm reading.
    Nesacat

Nesacat The Cat

Am working my way through Fables as well as Hellboy and Constantine. It's not so easy to get comic books/graphic novels here, especially complete sets so I pick them up whenever I can.
    Talysia

Talysia Lady of Autumn

Just picked up Yasuhiro Nightow's Trigun series to re-read, and then maybe some Ranma1/2.
    Nesacat

Nesacat The Cat

Finally got the graphic novels organised and shelved so am re-reading Midnight Nation. Love the artwork in this one. Am also dipping into Mr Punch and Top Ten.
    Alienweirdo

Alienweirdo Likes Comics and Pudding

Aye, it looks quite nice, though they've moved away from the Mignola style...

Just finished 300, was ok. looking forward to the film. Re-reading Watchmen now
    Blue Tyson

Blue Tyson Blue Captain

I actually have a best of Commando collection from the library.
    Talysia

Talysia Lady of Autumn

Decided against reading any Ranma1/2 for now. Trying some Nadesico instead.
    Culhwch

Culhwch Not actually a dinosaur. Staff Member

I read 300 a couple weeks back. Good, though nothing amazing about it, I thought... Am now working my way through Fables.
    deletrix

deletrix New Member

I just reread Blame! by Tsutomu Nihei (or rather what I have of it in hard copy). Mainly for research purposes, but mostly because I adore it.

I want to read we3, but I'm afraid it might make me cry like a baby.
    Nesacat

Nesacat The Cat

Picked up Camelot 3000 by Mike W Barr and Brian Bolland at a flea market over the weekend. It's an odd, intriguing tale thus far with good artwork to boot.

Was given The Tale Of Genji illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano as a housewarming gift. It's absolutely beautiful.
    Talysia

Talysia Lady of Autumn

I'm so jealous! I would love that book!:) (I'll have to start looking for a copy myself:))
    davidkedward

davidkedward New Member

I'm reading 'The Fountain' graphic novel. If you've seen the film, this is worth checking out, as it works as a 'directors cut' of what is an amazing movie.
    Ragnar

Ragnar Born Again Pagan

I read 300 again last night, just to wet my appetite before I go to see the movie next week :)
    davidkedward

davidkedward New Member

I'm off to see 300 tomorrow - hurrah! Looks absolutely amazing. And they used NIN in the trailer :)
    Talysia

Talysia Lady of Autumn

After Nadesico, I think I'll start reading Rurouni Kenshin or Cowboy Bebop. Haven't decided yet.