Not so important connections

Must resist inner pedant...

BTW, Qhorin Halfhand, is the ranger who Jon kills to prove to the wildlings that he really is a traitor

Re: a rose by any other name

is no lion or direwolfe
the tyrels are quite vegetative, the just go with the flow.

I don't consider them to be that important in the great scheme. At the moment they have their hands full with the invasion of the ironborn... I wouldn't sell them life insurance, would you?
but on the long run, although they have great military power, the tyrels are not competent players of the game, they take no chances, when dany comes aboard dorne will welcome her, and the tyrels will surrender the very same minute, after all, that is the very same thing that made the tyrels so high and mighty - surrendering to eagon the conqueror and his dragons.

you think becoming the single most powerful House in Westeros is vegetative? There is no single force available to any of the Greater Houses to match that which the Tyrell's can muster. They command the greatest fleet in westeros aside from the Ironmen... who we must add are a much less threatening kettle of fish on land then at sea.
I will agree that they generally play a passive hand in the Game... yet it has always yielded them ever greater rewards.
The Tyrell's were the last Great House to swear fealty to Robert, and would therefore likely welcome a Targaryen return, as much as those in Sunspear, as long as it was to their advantage... say the acquisition of Storm's End to their territories... or even Casterly Rock and Lannisport.
Loras' burning is also believed (by many on this site) to be a charade orchestrated by Olenna to allow Loras to go to Dany - much like Quentyn Martell. With a duly burned and HEAVILY bandaged stand-in to appear to be Loras. Both Loras and Garlan the Green are considered exceptional knights. Loras being the greatest of this age... and likely the only rival to Jaime Lannister as the greatest knight of Westeros... certainly The Knight of Flowers is beloved of the people, far moreso than the Kingslayer.
Lastly please remember that Roses have thorns... they're a passive-aggressive flower... they are the perfect symbol of the Tyrells. Passive and beautiful (every last one) to look at, but aggressive when necessary.

cersey got herself a little prophecy as a girl. she asked the magi - an old witch of lanisport to read her future in her blood, mainly to see that she will marry rghar targarine (I'm sure there are at least seven spelling mistakes in that name). The magei told her that she will marry the king, not the prince. cersey asked how many children will they have - the magei answered - he will have 16 you shell have three, their crowns will be golden as their shrouds and something about being killed by a little brother (valanquer in valerian).
All in all, happy life and tommen and little Marcella are going to die. Marcella is going to be queen, yey!

Yeah but after four books I think you're a bit wiser than you were at the start.

I loved the thing Arya had going in Braavos. She was friends with everyone and Braavos sounds like a pretty cool place. Finally I thought she'd found some sort of life.

If that was the case, she would have got out of the plot. Becoming a faceless means loosing your face in a way, ceasing to be the person you were and becoming death's servant. No more arya. She is training, but she would not find home. On the long run, she remains arya stark or leave the plot, ipso ergo she can not complete her transformation in to a faceless.

Mhm. I hope things turn out alright for her, she's been through stuff that no-one, let alone a child, should have to go through.

I thought it was strange that GRRM changed Sansa's name at the start of the chapters where she went under a different name as Littlefinger's ******* daughter, but didn't change Arya's name when she went under her different names.

Yeah that was strange as well that GRRM started using like 'Captain of the Guard' and such. I wish it was more consistent.

Oooh thanks for reminding me.

Hey do you think Arya is permanently blind? I sure hope not.

The poisoned milk that turned her blind was left out for Arya Stark. All she needs to do is change her identity like Jaqen H'ghar and she will no longer be Arya Stark and therefore no longer blind. :)

Back