A Jon and Arya thought while rereading

I live in Belgium Europe mate

Mate?

Yes, I have been to Belgium several times. I have very good friends that live there. Yes, I do enjoy Belgian beer. However, I would hate to turn this into a who's beer is better debate.;)

So, now that the younglings are sitting at the grownup table, let's turn our focus back to the dinner conversation. To continue with the drunken theme (why because until ADWD is released, it seems we have run out of things to say about Arya and Jon) who's the best drunk in ASOIF? I say, hand down, King Robert. But the Greatjon was a good drunk as well.

Best drunk? Tyrion. "I learned long ago that it is considerd rude to vomit on your brother."

Just gonna remind you TK....the power of ignore will end these conversations. The power of sarcasm just enflames em......

Someone should do a poll for a drinking contest....Tyrion, Robert, Great Jon, Smalljon, one of the Greyjoys....does the Damphair drink? and anyone else we think to mention....or maybe a drunken scrabble contest.....that would be interesting reading about GreatJon attempting to spell three little words.

Lol. Aegon, really.

How about a drunken finger dancing contest? With the direwolves standing by to 'clean up' stray fingers?

Ha! Good one Aegon. Yes, but that's if they get it. But Mrs. TK-421 keeps telling me that I am not that witty (I beg to differ of course).

I like the fingers dance. I think the only Greyjoy that would hold their own is either Euron or Victarion. I seem to recall the later drinking quite heavily after they smashed the rose fleet. But he did not seem to have much tolerance for the "stupid drunk" who degrades others. A warrior with some scrupples even when drinking...Mel Gibson would learn alot from him. The Damphair is too much of a zealot to drink unless it was made from seaweed and fish entrails.

Where's Wiggum...we just thought up a new tournament after the other one is finished. :D

Is it true that GRRM has a weak spot for Bailey's Irish Cream? I seem to recall reading this somewhere.

Heck yeah...put George in the polls for a drinking contest....let Tyrion drink him under the table....woot.....my day has been made.

And my apologies, I shouldnt be chiding anyone...thanks for being a good sport.

I find some irony, that while I am a bartender, the thread I started turned into the drinking contest thread :D. With no prodding from me no less.

Regarding the best beer in the world, its the one in my hand at the moment, when one needs a beer, one needs a beer.

I am forgetting the name of the Frey in charge of "burying" (with drink) the guests at the red wedding. He should be included. But Tyrion is the regular who drinks 10 beers and 15 shots and holds his own every day. The dwarf is pure liver. Cersei on the other hand is the regular who has 3 drinks and makes a scene. Robert as been shown may have a large appetitie but will be passed out before bar close. But Great Jon Umber is the guy you think to yourself all night "He's going to make close 'rather' difficult".

Oho! Our very own AryaUnderfoot would have something to say about that.

She's attractive enough if you like the Wildling type who's never had a bath in their lifetime.

AryaUnderfoot returns to throw in .02 about Ygritte:
It's not so much the snaggle-toothedness, nor the lack of hygiene. It's the fact that she's damned ignorant, singleminded, and sounds like a broken record...

And I believe Thoros of Myr was reputed to be the best drinker of them all, although I'd like to see him go up against Magister Illyrio.

AryaUnderfoot returns to throw in .02 about Ygritte

Well, thank you and welcome back. A woman's sensibility and touch has been sorely missed around here. Aegon tried to fill the gap ;) but just see where the conversation has ended up...drinking! (although I'm not complaining and I plan do alot of it in the next week :D )

Hey Im in touch with my feminine side.....no thats not a self-touching joke. Get your mind out of the gutters people....

Mate?

Yes, I have been to Belgium several times. I have very good friends that live there. Yes, I do enjoy Belgian beer. However, I would hate to turn this into a who's beer is better debate.;)

So, now that the younglings are sitting at the grownup table, let's turn our focus back to the dinner conversation. To continue with the drunken theme (why because until ADWD is released, it seems we have run out of things to say about Arya and Jon) who's the best drunk in ASOIF? I say, hand down, King Robert. But the Greatjon was a good drunk as well.

Younglings, who the hell are you talking about, i may not be 50+, bat 20 yrs i am an adult

I think with the joy of the holiday season upon us, it is time we all lighten up a little and let bygones be bygones. I wish to celebrate the spirit of the season with all of you, including my vermin friend from across the Narrow Sea. :)

Oh and Aegon, you didn't seem to need the help or prodding (that may lead to another suggestion...) from the rest of us to get your mind in the gutter. Good for you about the feminine side...but I still sense much fear in you. :D

Do not ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever post drunk... or mad. I'm with TK regarding the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Now, any thoughts on Jon or Arya?

Mate?

I am 20 yrs old, now i now that does not make me old, but i am not young either

Well we could debate whether or not Jon actually broke his vows. Im not debating that whole take no woman for a wife part because I get whole spirit versus the letter of a law.....

In the US Military we are required to swear the oath.....

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. zSB(3,3)
So help me God

The order is critical....if for example, you were ordered by a higher ranking official to commit an act that would endanger US citizens (we call those unlawful orders) that would still be a court-martial offense. So by extension if one ignored said order and took appropriate action it would not actually be in violation of the aforementioned oath.

So what Jon did with Ygritte (while enjoyable) was not an actual violation of his oath because it was neccessary to complete the higher meaning of his oath.

Thats just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

On a side note with the holidays coming, I would like to wish everyone the best. Regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas, Eid Ul-Azha, Kwanza, Hanukkah or National Secretaries Day I wish health and happiness for you and yours.