Robert Jordan's New Spring Graphic Novel Adaptation

I like Roaringstudios graphic novels, they appeal to my childish nature. I have been awaiting this series for sometime, and frequented their boards for awhile. However, they are quite a zealous bunch of christians over there, which would not matter so much if they did not refer to the white arian anglo saxon hippy in the heavens every other post. The 'artist' who drew Hedge Knight is flirting with the idea of doing a graphic novel version of A Song of Ice and Fire. Wow!

Actually I think it was he who finally drove me away from the site, some story he told about how he went against his dying father's wishes and forced catholicism down his throat. All his cronies were in agreement with this action. I thought, but did not mention due to the sensitivity of the topic, that this was a disgusting breach of human rights, his father's dignity and an act of abhorrent ignorance. I finally got that off my chest, it has been weighing on me for sometime.

Agnostism is the only reality that this world needs realise.

Thanks, I, Brian my friend :) I am very happy to be back as well :) Thanks for visiting my site as well :D

Hello Lacedaemonian, my friend :) I'm happy that you like what it is that we do and we will have some really wonderful stuff your way. Yes, we have some very big plans and are pushing foward with all of them :) I'm really sorry to hear that you no longer visit our boards. I want you to know that our boards are always opened to you and that you are always welcomed there. Yes, it is true that we have a Christian section and a Hymns section where the discussion is primarily about God. But at the same time we also have a general section where you can talk about the latest movies, we have an art section where you can post up artwork, we have a section about writing and we even have sections about each of the fantasy and Scifi authors that we are working on. My brothers and I are Christians and therefore that is why we have some Christian sections on the board, and we allow Christians like ourselves to discuss their experiences with God, but there is one thing that we will not allow to happen on our boards is for anyone to push their beliefs on anyone else. If anyone does this to you, my friend, please copy and paste the conversation and send it to me at edabel@dabelbrothers.com and I will take care of it. I have a lot of friends and the majority of them are not Christians on the boards and they are free to interact in our Christian topics or to ignore them, and whether they do or not they are still my friends, and we all still have one thing in common: We all love fantasy books :) Thanks for sharing this with me, Lacedaemonian, my friend, it is greatly appreciated.

Is the whole seires going to done up like that? Oh god, that would be one of the coolest things ever. I love wheel of time and i have been hoping someone would do some form of visual thing for it. And finally, my dream is coming ture...

:D :D

Turn the other cheek and all that :) No doubt I will be back on the boards soon, and not to worry - nobody was anything but nice to me in your forums. I always fear religious fervour of any kind. I am a christian but would never say that I was, as this does not define me in any way, shape or form. There was never any issue just something that made me feel a little uncomfortable as a non practising agnostic christian. :rolleyes:

Yes, Aftermath, my friend, the entire series is going to be done up like that :) I'm happy to hear that you are happy with what you see :)

Lacedaemonian, my friend, I'm happy to hear that you will be back on the boards, that is very good news indeed, and I'm also happy to know that everyone on my boards was very nice to you :) Thanks and talk to you soon:D

Is there any release date yet or is it still in development?

I seriously can't wait for this. And I go way beyond happy. I would say thrilled to the point of bouncing of the walls. :D

Aftermath, my friend :) It will come out early next year. Me too, as a big fan too, I just want to be able to sit down to read the final product with my cookies and milk at hands reach :D

I'm not into comic book type stuff, so I wasn't sure what i'd think when I heard about it, but I watched the little trailer they had up for it and I was extremely impressed, it looks awsome, the artwork is great and it really captures the feel of the book well.

Here is a sample page, which is subject to page before it hits the shelves, enjoy :)

http://www.roaringstudios.com/ernst/RobertJordan/NS7Pg10.jpg