Torchwood not certain for Australia

Hello All.

Just saw this post and thought I would post this email I got from the ABC asking about Doctor Who Season 3.

I highlighted the bit important to this forum.

Dear Althasaur

Thank you for your email.

I am pleased to inform you that the ABC has purchased the rights to the third series of Doctor Who. However, as a date and time is yet to be scheduled I am unable to advise when it will be screened. Refer to your local TV guide or visit the ABC Online guide at ABC TV Guide. You may be interested to know that the rights to Torchwood, a spinoff series, have been acquired by a commercial network.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the ABC. I hope you enjoy series three.

Yours sincerely

Matthew Galvin
ABC Audience and Consumer Affairs.

Hope this helps you all.

Hello All.

Just saw this post and thought I would post this email I got from the ABC asking about Doctor Who Season 3.

Hope this helps you all.

Thank you, Althasaur! I knew Network Ten had Torchwood but it's good to hear that Aunty will be screening Who series 3! I waited for Robin Hood, Life on Mars and Spooks 4 so I guess I'll just keep hanging out for Dr Who :D

I have seen Torchwood and can say that it is really good. I cant wait to see it on channel ten. I just happened to be watching the news on that channel when i saw the ad for it. it means that we should be getting it really soon.

I also cant wait for season three of the new series of Dr Who to start out here in australia. its going to be interesting. i heard somewhere that an old companion of the Dr's is coming back. i just dont want to say who it is here. someone was right bout the dalek episodes were not really all that good. they were a bit on the boring side you could say, but i am hoping that the rest of the season will be good.

I also cant wait for season three of the new series of Dr Who to start out here in australia

28th of June, ABC are airing 'The Runaway Bride' and then Saturday the 30th, the first ep of season three :)

I admit, I did get very excited when I saw the ad on telly, I may or may not have issued squeals of excitement.

Did you enjoy Doctor Who? I have the Runaway Bride on DVD and it is really funny. BTW the ones about the daleks aren't that great in my opinion...

Also the thing about the old companion returning is correct but only for the last three eps, I would say more but it would give it away but the trailer for those (they haven't been aired in UK yet) are so kool and funny...

Last edited:
Yes I am looking forward to seing Torchwood, there is a bit of hype surrounding it now, so lets hope it can live up to it, although I hate commerical stations and sadly channel 10 is one of the worst. Still if it shows potential I can always get it on DVD and ignore it on tv. Bring it on.

Hi Chrissy
Well I guess I had better not look at this thread anymore, not that what you said made any sence to me, we start Torchwood tomorrow night, looking forward to it.

Sorry my computer is not very cooperative this morning!!!