SoST Round One: Syrio Forel vs Addam Marbrand

vote for the winner

• Syrio Forel

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • Addam Marbrand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Syrio Forel clearly. Honestly, i don't know who in this list could beat him. He kicked those knight's asses with a stick! Had he had a proper sword he'd have killed each of them half a dozen times, even with their armour.

He'd be bugger all use in a real battle, but in a dual/small skirmish he'd decimate more heavily armoured opponents. Think bronn & the Red Viper, both of whom won duels against much bigger, more heavily armoured knights (ok, so the viper lost, but he'd beaten gregor, then got cocky. Not something syrio would do). Brain beat's brawn every time, and with a sword i don't think we've seen anyone half as clever as syrio.

Dolorious that is the best thing you have said since Craters Keep. :)

DE, you know I agree with you on so many topics (Catelyn must be destroyed!)... BUT the five men Syrio killed or incapacitated were not knights. They were just ordinary Lannister guards, Red Cloaks. Syrio's feat is impressive, I admit. And with a real Bravos' sword, he probably would have killed Ser Meryn Trant, but against Barristan, Jaime, or either of the Clegane's Syrion better have a spear or better yet a bow.

That said, in this fight I'll take Syrio Forel against Addam Marbrand. Marbrand seems to be a very capable lieutenant, but I don't think he leads from the front like Gregor.

I think Syrio could take the Mountian. Ol Addam wouldn't stand a chance.

Whats Marbrand doing in here anyways, has he ever done anything awe-inspiring in the field of battle?

Ya know Syrio is at that crazy point of being at the apex of popularity and perceived ability.....while I agree with Boaz about the fight with Trant I dont think it matters, he's gonna be tough to beat except by the true big guns of this contest.