Favourite moment in an Eddings novel?

i just love Kalten...who couldnt? I love the Gibberish bit (i think it was Tamuli?)
"Sorry, are they Gibbernese?"
"What?"
"You know, the ones who speak Gibberish?"
Gotta love him!
And when Beviar chops off the soldiers head, then prays for his soul..scary:p

And Silk...i adore Silk....*sing song voice* Silk, Silk, wonderful Silk:):D!

i just love Kalten...who couldnt? I love the Gibberish bit (i think it was Tamuli?)
"Sorry, are they Gibbernese?"
"What?"
"You know, the ones who speak Gibberish?"
Gotta love him!
And when Beviar chops off the soldiers head, then prays for his soul..scary:p
And Ulath...any Ulath!

And Silk...i adore Silk....*sing song voice* Silk, Silk, wonderful Silk:):D!

You are excused, as it's a seriously good quote! Thanks for the reminder.

Also, you are inducted into the Ulath appreciation group! Mmmm, Ulath!

Ooooh! Ooooh!
What about when Bevier's disguised as the one-eyed knight, and he's being all psychotic and too scary? All that stuff with his axe, adn glowering at people.

On reflection, I really do have problems with Eddings' female characters. They're so annoying!

Favorite moment? There are way too many to count.

The Belgariad - When the Baron of Vo Mandor launches into his flowery insults, most notably "... Prey thee, did thy mother perhaps dally with a randy goat?"

The Mallorean - so many, the scene where Garion gets upset with Zakath about being held as prisoner, he draws Irongrips sword and unleashes the power of the Orb on the door, intending to unhinge it, but rather destroys the door, door frame, wall, and wall across the hall.

The Elenium - As so many have said any Scene with Kalten, Ulath, or Kurik. And when Bevier loops off the head of the Captain of the Church Soldiers outside the Basillca with a 'nonchellant' wave of his hand holding his Lochaber Axe. Too cool! :D

The Tamuli - As so many have said any Scene with Kalten, Ultah, or Khalad. :D

I first started reading the Belgariad 18 years ago. Now I am reading them to my children as bedtime stories, all be it censored for content.

Hmm..

The Belgariad; Probably the bit where Garion is crowned. Just because it really made me buzz inside. I mean what 13 year old girl doesn't want to be a King :eek: QUEEN :eek:

I'm only on the second book in the Malloreon so.. hmm upto now probably the bit where.. Belgarion tells the nobles that the "air has gone a trifle rancid" .. :O Or was that in The Belgariad? :O!

Greatest character insight .... in Domes of Fire:

"Heard a story once," Sir Ulath said to him in that disarmingly reminiscent fashion that always signaled louder than words that Ulath was about to make a point. That was one of Sir Ulath's characteristics. He almost never spoke unless he was trying to make a point. "It seems that there was a Deiran, an Arcian, and a Thalesian. It was a long time ago, and they were all speaking in their native dialects. Anyway, they got to arguing about which of their modes of speech was God's own. They finally agreed to go to Chyrellos and ask the Archprelate to put the question directly to God himself."

"And?" Bevier asked him.

"Well, sir, everybody knows that God always answers the Archprelate's questions, so the word finally came back and settled their argument once and for all."

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"What is God's native dialect?"

"Why, Thalesian, of course. Everybody knows that, Bevier." Ulath was the kind of man who could say that with a perfectly straight face. "It only stands to reason, though. God was a Genidian Knight before he decided to take the universe in hand. I'll bet you didn't know that, did you?"

Bevier stared at him for a moment, and then began to laugh a bit sheepishly.

Ulath looked at Sparhawk, and one of his eyelids closed in a slow, deliberate wink.

....despite my favoritism for Ulath, I think this was a great little bit of development. It showed a lack of prejudice that Bevier and Sparhawk had upon coming into the Styric capital, and his attentiveness to his friends and the ability to diffuse their prejudices with simple humor.

One of my favourite moments is the end of the Tamuli, when Sparhawk, Kalten & co rush to the rescue of Ehlana and Alean, and the face-off between Cyrgon and Sparhawk.
Again any moment with Kalten, he is my favourite :D or Talen, or Aphrael.
And this little gem, just cause it makes me smile:

Sparhawk was peering upward when Kalten joined him.
"Where's Aphrael?" the blond Pandion asked quietly.
"Everwhere. Didn't she tell you?"
"Very funny, Sparhawk."

And this description of Talen has always held a special place in my heart: "He could steal your eyes right out of their sockets, and you wouldn't even notice until you went to look closely at something."

xXx

Oh, you just reminded me of one of my favourite lines from the Elenium.:D

Kalten plucked at the front of his gaudy doublet and rolled his eyes. "But Thparhawk." he lisped outrageously, "You know how thatin thpotth when it getth wet."

Welcome to the Chronicles!:)

Thanks!
I also remember loving the revelation that Kalten's scared of underwater, cause I suffer the exact same thing. When I first read that scene I remember smiling so much thinking, 'yep, that's exactly what I'd do. You wouldn't catch me swimming under anything, not on your life.'

Kalten should be glad he wasn't that Preceptor the Genedians threw into the harbor.

I think I love all of those.

I love the scene in the Mallorean, when Garion, Zakath, and Silk go into a nearly deserted village and Silk swindles the shopkeeper, just 'cause he can.

I always laugh at every time Sparhawk and Aphrael/Danae discuss whales.

I love Garion's "rancid" remark in Guardians.

There is a place in the Tamuli where Ulath is talking about politician's promises and says, "The promises are all very stirring, but only babies expect leaders to actually keep them." That one is priceless.

There are probably about a hundred more but listing them would make this post too long.

I don't know what mine would be.....I HAVE read just about all of them, barring two from the Mallorean and one from the Elenium, and the Dreamweaver series......

I'd probably say Silk's remark about Zith's babies: "If anyone starts calling them little nippers, I'll just scream!"

sorry guys, but the only one I can think of that stood head and shoulders in my eyes was "oh don't be so gullible of COURSE I can't make the sun rise on command" From Belgarath. the rest were good chuckles, and groans of sympathetic pain (usually when one or other of females punches holes in male ego efficiently and painfully).

Well this certainly is a tough one, i really don't know I love the whole series, lol favorite part hmmmm.
I guess i can't say, I have read and own the belgariad, mallorean, Belgarath, and Polgara books, and i have all those on audio book that i listen to while at work. A also have Elenium, Tamuli, redemption of althalus and the Elder God series.

I can say this though the most Memorable part (not nessesarily favorite) part is in the The Hidden City where Sephrina was Stabbed by Zalasta. I was sooo upset that I threw the book acrossed the room.

I also get a kick in that series (Elenium Tamuli) whenever reference is made to Beiver's Lochaber Ax, especially where he cuts it down,