Hellraiser remake

Valko

Lord of the Camareen
Clive Barker has announced plans to rewrite his seminal Hellraiser film for a new big budget production.

Speaking on his official website, the Liverpudlian horror master revealed: "They’re going to remake Hellraiser One with a lot more money and they’ve invited me to write it - the invitation came from Bob Weinstein - which I am going to do, on the basis that if I don’t do it, it will be done in some way that I probably won’t like!"

"...which I am going to do, on the basis that if I don’t do it, it will be done in some way that I probably won’t like!"...like me not getting the money :p

which I am going to do, on the basis that if I don’t do it, it will be done in some way that I probably won’t like!"

Thank goodness. I'd freak if it were written by anyone but clive barker, I would be in Hell, and not the cool hell with a hottie like pinhead, either. :D

And they should have neve campbell play the role of Kirsty, I think that she was the puzzle box girl.

I'm glad that Clive Barker's going to do it, but I don't see ANY reason at all to do a remake. It's madness. And, before people remind me, yes I know what the reason is really...the big bad buck.

Yes, I'm afraid I'm in agreement there. I mean, good grief! Hellraiser is not even 20 years old (it was released in 1987), and we're already doing a remake? What the...? Let's see some original material made into films, for pity's sake! I, for one, am sick to death of remakes, sequels, and television shows turned into films.... a large part of why I've only gone to the theater about 3 times in the last year (save for the Lovecraft Film Fest, which was a different thing entirely!).

Yes, I'm afraid I'm in agreement there. I mean, good grief! Hellraiser is not even 20 years old (it was released in 1987), and we're already doing a remake? What the...? Let's see some original material made into films, for pity's sake! I, for one, am sick to death of remakes, sequels, and television shows turned into films.... a large part of why I've only gone to the theater about 3 times in the last year (save for the Lovecraft Film Fest, which was a different thing entirely!).

I agree.....but....its PINHEAD!!!!

:D

What in the name of all that's unholy are they thinking? Hellraiser isn't that old. And it's fine the way it is. This disgusts me.

Hollywood seems to have a shortage of new ideas these days, look at all the remakes. Not to mention most remakes are bad and do terrible at the box office.

Got to agree with Lordoftime here.....why, why, why!!?? Hellraiser is a classic piece of horror film making. Even if Clive Barker is involved, will it be as good?....jury's out, we'll wait and see. But if a big Hollywood movie company's involved, brace yourself for another re-make dissappointment.

Cycodave

Ahhh no, not another remake...and you just know everyone will come out of the cimena, shaking their heads, saying "Ah, it was good...but not as good as the original."
Which I really should watch, me thinks, I think the last time I watched it was when I was about four...but hell, that image of Pinhead is still with me!
Oh, God, and they'll massacre it with CGI...Ack! A little CGI is all well and good, but films are relying on it too much now...that's what makes the old ones the best, because of the effort involved, and the...dare I say...realism of it!