SoST Round One: Victarion Greyjoy vs Loras Tyrell

vote for the winner

• Victarion Greyjoy

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Loras Tyrell

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do I have the feeling people are going to revel in the idea of Victarion beating Loras with an ironborn ugly stick?

As much as I dislike Loras, anyone who Jaime considers good has to be damn good.

OK ill put is bluntly as i can, and lacking my usual srcasm but.....

No way hello kitty beats Eric the red :))

I would like for Loras to win but he doesn't stand a chance against ol' Vic!

xx

Adasunshine said:
I would like for Loras to win but he doesn't stand a chance against ol' Vic!

xx
Depends on weapons and arena, to my mind. Victarion gained a lot of confidence when fighting knights on ship board - they were out of their comfort zone. Take him away from his - who knows?

Weasel Soup said:
No way hello kitty beats Eric the red :)

rofl

I think Loras gets unfairly picked upon, and is a very fair hand in combat, but I can't see him taking on Victarion.

Remember Loras got taken down by the stronger, but less agile and less skilled Brienne with a brute force tactic. Seems like Nuncle would be as strong as Brienne, quicker and more skilled.....and much more ruthless.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. They're both arrogant, but Victarion has had several more decades to justify his arrogance. I can't help liking him, even though everything about him is morally repugnant.

Funky Cthulu said:
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. They're both arrogant, but Victarion has had several more decades to justify his arrogance. I can't help liking him, even though everything about him is morally repugnant.
OK, nearly everything. He's not as repugnant as, say, Joffrey. That is, he'd probably kill a cat but he wouldn't torture it.

Funky Cthulu said:
OK, nearly everything. He's not as repugnant as, say, Joffrey. That is, he'd probably kill a cat but he wouldn't torture it.
Not so sure about that.

Actually, I'm probably the odd man out on this one, but I don't really like any of the Greyjoys. They're all inhuman and in a constant pissing contest that grates on my nerves.

I agree here, I really dont want to see either of these people advance much further in our little tournament here.

the smiling weirwood said:
I like Asha but only because she is the only one with any sense at all.

She annoys me more than any of the others. She's constantly trying to prove that she's got the tackle that they do. I hope that she'll eventually choke on her denial.