Storm of Swords Tournament base of operations

Regarding American Football...
KiwiBird said:
i mean it is soooo boring the dudes hardly score

i rather watch Soccer
I think you just defeated your own argument.

Soccer is only 1 of the games i mentioned i rather like, and the big difference between soccer and football is that in soccer the game is always going from one side to another, it is fast with plenty of chances on both sides, whereas football is slow, because of this the beauty of soccer is that it is so unpredictable, you never know what is gonna happen next whereas this is not so much the case with football.

KiwiBird said:
Soccer is only 1 of the games i mentioned i rather like, and the big difference between soccer and football is that in soccer the game is always going from one side to another, it is fast with plenty of chances on both sides, whereas football is slow, because of this the beauty of soccer is that it is so unpredictable, you never know what is gonna happen next whereas this is not so much the case with football.
I also quite like soccer. But Australian football is horrible, just super pervasive where I live (melbourne). The city becomes almost gridlocked when a game is on, and drunk fans wearing team colours end up everywhere. And if you take public transport, expect to be interrogated "Whodja barrack for!?!" Not to mention the drunken yelling at opposing teams' fans, the inevitable vomiting and the nostalgiac off key (LOUD) singing of team anthems that appear whenever the fans do.
Oh, and if you don't LIKE football - you're unaustralian.
Because its all over the TV, newspaper, magazines and radio - when actual games aren't on, shows ABOUT the game (pre and post) are on, old games are on replay and boof head footballers are featured on many many other shows, like dancing and dating shows. And not one of them can even form a coherent sentence or say something non football related. Oh, except when they're appearing at press conferences to deny the sexual assault charges.
/end rant

And soccer is also distinct from these two. I could explain the difference, but I just don't care that much.

austraillian football is like gaelic but in gaelic they use a propper ball and theres different rules and scoring and kiwi this is just my opinion but i think soccer is kinda crap its far too slow and far too low scoring and far too long. gimme gaelic or hurling anyday their far better sports...im just wondering how this thread became about sports bit off topic but meh.

KiwiBird said:

In that case you must REALLY love watching 4 year olds play soccer!

The only difference is they score more than the adults...

Lacrosse is the only true sport!!

KiwiBird said:
IceHockey is fun though, i give you ppl that, too the canadians have probably invented that

You darn right, Canadians invented hockey, hoser. You can really tell when someone hasn't a clue about hockey when they call it Icehockey. Anyways, thanks for plugging the sport.

lolz i used to watch icehockey all the time on Eurosport.

And no i have to write icehockey, cause hockey with us is on very short grass

the dutch, the indians (or pakistans) are crazy about it

KiwiBird said:
Still it is better then baseball.(once again i love it in the movies) The never hit anything, it is all 0 all the time in that one with one ocaasional score.
Baseball is about more than just making numbers go up. It's a thinking game. It's the smell of the grass, the expensive (cheap) beer, the constant heckling, the peanuts... it's an event, not just a game. If I want my blood to boil I'll go watch something blow up.

And yes, Lacrosse is an awesome sport, although it's not popular enough on the West Coast, in my opinion. Here we just have knuckleheads tossing the ball around on the beach and giving concussions to innocent, scantily clad bystanders.

AryaUnderfoot said:
Baseball is about more than just making numbers go up. It's a thinking game. It's the smell of the grass, the expensive (cheap) beer, the constant heckling, the peanuts... it's an event, not just a game.

Heck yeah...for once someone gets it. Im a big fan of certain sports but baseball is the one where the players and the score dont matter as much as the atmosphere. I almost lost a job because I used to have to pass Wrigley Field (home of the Chicago Cubs and baseballs greatest day game atmosphere for those outside the US)....

Ive been to Soccer (specifically world cup and English premier league matches) and Cricket Tests and the atmosphere is not the same. Soccer or Football or European Football is just too stressful, its like a giant party where everyone is amped up for two hours whereas baseball is about friends and family and peanuts and beer and grass and sun.....and Cricket is tooo damn long. 3 days these non-friendlies last.....3 days......I needed to nap...

Its one of those to each his own, theyre not the same and comparing the two (or four) is not for me.

Aegon, LOL, last time i went to wrigley it wasnt in afganistan :)

So Arya, may i assume you hate the mets at the moment :)

I'd still love to see an EPL game though. (Aegon)

Ahh ya caught me...Im not in Afghanistan. Im in Qatar, last week Oman and next week Pakistan.

And everyone hates the Mets....even the Mets fans. Everyone talks about Boston and Chicago being tortured fan bases but the Mets fans are something else. All those years being in competition with Yankees has done something to em.