A challenge for the members here...

dwndrgn

Fierce Vowelless One
I challenge any one of you to read one of Spider Robinson's books and not smile. Anyone up for it? :D Sure, they're a little 'touchy-feely', but that is also one of the best parts...who will step up to the plate?

I was going to ask you which book you would recommend reading first...but then I checked my library's website and all they have is the one called Stardance.:rolleyes:
So, have you read that one and is it any good?:D

Stardance is good, but I should have said specifically his Callahan books. Stardance is pure science fiction (and I believe he wrote that along with his wife, Jeanne), which I like, but not as much as I like fantasy. His Callahan books are sort of a view of our ordinary life if it were touched by aliens and time travellers.

Well, I guess I will have to look around and see if I can find the Callahan books somewhere else. It figures that my library wouldn't have them.

Not just the Callahans. Even "Stardance" remember Space industries corporation "S.I.C. transit, gloria mundi" or "How would you like it cooked? Gee, that would be great."
I can't offhand think of any "hit you in the face" lines from "Mindkiller", but that's probably my memory rather than an actual lack.

Balle Balle!!
Definately; will need to get hold of the books first!

well that leaves me out of the running, i've found at least a quiet chuckle out of just about all of the "callahan" and "lady" stories. (and i'm the "gunner" in spider's tech credits in "mindkiller".)