What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

I have just finished watching Psycho-Pass. It's a cyberpunk, dystopian-future, 22-episode series.

And I have to say that I am of the opinion, given my admittedly limited veiwing of the mahoosive range of animes out there...

That it is a flawless masterpiece.

Love that show even though its pretty dark. If you like that then you would love Ergo-proxy.

I just got into Anime late November, and I've watched a number of showss since then, but right now, I'm currently watching the following:

Heroic Age
Darker Than Black
Guilty Crown
Rosario Vampire
Hellsing Ultimate
Mushishi
Death Note
Strike the Blood
War on Geminar
Midori No Days
Spice and Wolf II
Bubblegum Crisis 2040
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Attack on Titan OVA
Fate/Zero
Machine Doll

Spent my day watching a new one - Knights of Sidonia.

Very enjoyable! Equal parts Neon Genesis Evangelion and SyFy's Battlestar Galactica reboot.

About to start Attack on Titan, which I've heard good things about.

EDIT: Holy crap. That's one way to give the protagonist motivation, I guess...

Last edited:
Just finished watching Studio Ghibli's The Wind Rises.

Beautiful and poignant - a fitting finale to Hayao Miyazaki's long career in animation.

Last week I finished watching the final season of "Medium", have enjoyed all of these, there's seven seasons in all, but found the final episode just too sad.
Then I watched "The Walking Dead" season four, this show just gets better and better, can't wait for season five.
Now I've just finished watching seasons 1 & 2 of "True Blood", about to start 3, this has an interesting take on vampires.
After I've finished season seven I think I'll give "Hell On Wheels" a try.

Akame ga Kill
Amagi Brilliant Park
Cross Ange
Denki-gai no Honya-san
Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works
Log Horizon 2
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu
Parasyte - the maxim
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
PSYCHO-PASS 2
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Selector Spread WIXOSS
Shirobako
Sword Art Online II
Trinity Seven
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru

To name a few... XD

In terms of TV series, then it's a toss-up between "NYPD Blue" (first shown way back in 1993) and the original "Law & Order" (1990).

I used to watch these when they aired-to-tv back when I was in my early 20s: I thought they were pretty awesome for their time (along with the granddaddy of all new-wave cop shows, "Hill Street Blues") But now that I've decided to rewatch them via on-demand, they've lost a lot of their shine and edginess I guess. Still good, but in small bite-size chunks.

In terms of films; very much in the mood for some Takeshi Kitano. Therefore over the last couple of weeks have been going through his back-catalogue, including highlights such as "Sonatine", "Beyond Outrage", "Kikujiro", "Zatoichi" and of course the delightful "HanaBi" (hence my handle)

Just watched the 1st 10 eps of MILITARY! 3:30 SECONDS each, or are these trailers? :whistle:

Leviatan is also cute, as young magic girls go on adventures, etc. It is rather silly.

Durarara!!x2 seems as good as the original, binge watched a few the other day, but want to avoid running up against the last available until series ends.

Deadman Wonderland was good, though both weird & very disturbing. What is with the white-haired girl? She is hardly an imbecile, yet, she has no sense of danger.

Noragami is about a god who, having been forgotten by humans, wants to improve his standing among the others. Also very entertaining.

:)

I've recently finished watching Dog days and Tokyo ghoul 2nd season. ^^ Both were really nice, though Tokyo ghoul is killing me with leaving things open after every season. >.<

Have just finished watching "The Americans" season 2, which is as good as season 1.
Set in 1980s America it's about a married couple and there two children living in Washington D.C.
Unbeknown to the children and their neighbours they are KGB Department S illegals, that is Russian agents pretending to be American.
It takes place during the Reagan era at the height of the cold war, highly recommended!
It's interesting to note this is still going on, not all that long ago the FBI arrested ten of them.

I have finally caught up with One Piece. For the first time in ever, the most recently released episode is the most recent one I've seen.

Absoloutely loved Cross Ange, very disappointed with Parasyte the Maxim, discovered and highly recommend Black Bullet. Waiting eagerly for a watchable version of the Psycho-Pass movie and for season 3 to be confirmed.

Bodacious Space Pirates, young girls as the pirates; seems rather far-fetched, though compared to GIRLS UND PANZER-- :LOL:
Magi The Labyrinth of Magic, which pairs Alibaba with Ali Adin (Aladdin), who in this case, summons his Jin with a flute/recorder. I have only just begun this one, though it seems promising. Alibaba wants to explore a dungeon, by which he hopes to gain riches, & talks Aladdin into going with him, but there is another guy who also wants riches, but has no respect for human life.
Invaders of the Rokujyoma! Finished this one; this boy HS student finds a really cheap apartment, only to learn that a ghost girl haunts it. As though that were not enough, a space invader, an invader from underground, a magic girl, & at least one other girl all lay claim to apt. 106. Thoroughly enjoyable!
Kotoura-san, a girl who reads others' minds, & blurts out everything, drives away even her own mama. Eventually finds friends, & adventure. The 1st ep was very dark, but subsequent eps were better/lighter, even funny.
B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time, HS girl wants to lose her virginity; plot seems crude, but episodes are funny.
Chaos;Head, I need to watch this again, as it was difficult to follow; was the guy imagining things, or were they real?
Ghost Hunt, :LOL: I already forgot, though the title does say it all.