What Anime and Animation are you currently watching?

1966 -1967 Spider-Man cartoon series

Spider-Man, Marvel Comics wise-cracking web-slinging superhero, is a science fiction/fantasy, action cartoon. He battles a huge varitiy of villains ranging from the interesting to the absurd. The artwork from 1966 is sharply illustrated with bright colors, where as the 1967 series used much more darker colors and surreal backgrounds thanks to artist Ralph Bakshi.​

Both seasons are very different, the 1966 season was aways cheerful, the villains usually had unusual super powers and wore costumes, or were just laughing mad men. The 1967 series had elements of what was going on at the time, such as race riots, hippies, beatniks, war, space travel, politics and real-life criminals. Ralph Bakshi decided to make most of the villians with green skin to show that not all bad people are white, black, red or yellow, a definate reflection of the time.

Overall, I enjoy watching Spider-Man save the day, his alter ego Peter Parker struggling through lifes many difficulties, and the scenes set to cool music.​

Just finished watching both seasons of Aquarion. It was interesting, a bit cheesy at some points, but overall had an enjoyable story. I thought the characters in the first season were better than the second.

Rewatching Eureka Seven, in preparation to watch the new series Eureka Seven AO. The new season looks really, really good. I'm hoping it will fill the gap that Guilty Crown left after it finished.

Also watching Mourestu Pirates. Quite entertaining.

Also recently finished watching Maid Sama (Kaichou wa Maid-sama). It's not often that a comedy takes my fancy, but this one did. I think it's the first comedy anime to make me laugh since Ranma 1/2.

I am currently watching Farscape from the beginning. finally have just reached where we meet Stark and Scorpy. since I missed alot of the series i'm in new waters here. lolz

I've seen Black Butler and am sorta watching OHSC cuz I've convinced myself to sit and watch it.

oh and I saw Baccanno! just recently too. interesting layout that one

A friend of mine recommended the series (or season depending on how you look at it...) Romeo x Juliet, so I picked it up at the library. It's really interesting. I love the characters and I think it's really cool how they've worked Shakespeare's work throughout the whole thing.

I've also found myself wanting it to work out even though I know how the story is actually supposed to end...maybe it'll work how I want it to considering they aren't strictly following the play anyway :rolleyes:

Am re-watching "Starship Troopers" for the first time in years.

Still quite hokey & trashy - just right for idle Sunday evenings with a few beers & junk food.

I've watched quite a bit of anime since the last time I posted in this thread (I can't believe it's been so long), as there hasn't been as much on tv for me lately. I've been watching Spice and Wolf, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Rental Magica, among others, but the highlight has to be Legend of the Galactic Heroes. The art is a bit dated (although I grew up with art like that, so it's not really a problem), but the story and pacing, not to mention the character development, is really good - something I wasn't expecting. The music - all mostly classical - is excellent, too. I'm not really a fan of space opera, but I'd definitely recommend this.

I just can't believe it's taken me so long to watch it.

Last edited:
Currently watching Bakuman. Just finished the Manga and wanna see how the Anime goes. It's not the usual action packed anime. It's a slice of life series about some kids who want to write manga (lol)

Law & Order: Criminal Intent is on the tv right this minute. It's certainly not SCI-FI, but it was fairly good tv show back in the day and the reruns are still enjoyable to watch once in a while. Ok, just realized that I am in the film sub forum, rather than the one specifically designated for tv. I do plan to watch Inception at some point in the next couple of days.

Anime I'm currently watching:

Fairy Tail
Code Breaker
Little Busters
The Civilization Blaster
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Dormitory
Magi
From the New World
Say, 'I love you'
Kids on the slope
Fate / Zero
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass
K Project
Kingdom

As you can see, I'm quite busy.

Anime I just finished watching:

Another
Chuunibyuu demo koi ga Shitai
Sword Art Online
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (The Monster Sitting Next To Me)
Btoom
Eureka Seven AO
Dog Days

Every single anime in this list I have enjoyed watching. Some are way better than others, but they all have their moments worth recommending them for.

Chuunibyuu demo koi ga Shitai! is the anime everybody should be watching though. Its character driven story is so powerful. The humour is hilarious, and the protagonists characters are really deep.

I'm currently watching the Gaidens/side stories for Legend of the Galactic Heroes. There's nearly as many episodes as in the main series, and it's good to get some more backstory on some of the characters.

Just finished watching the final episode of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Dormitory). That anime is AMAZINGLY GOOD. Never have I been so emotionally connected to an anime as I was to Sakurasou. The writers did an incredible job with the story.

I cannot recommend it more. Watch it.

I watched RahXephon a few weeks ago. It suffers a bit from some of the usual anime cliches and tropes, but overall I really like it, more so with each viewing (this was the third, and perhaps the first one where I really had a handle on what was going on). Anyone else familiar with it?

Just finished Girls Und Panzer again, along with Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (for me, it does the Black Lagoon thing without irritating me, then takes a turn for the serious and works like a charm).
Have Psycho-Pass en route and High School DxD season 2 is hilarious while maintaining the levels of rude and serious. Sky Girls is delightful and Eve No Jikan is something special.

Recent enjoyments have been Aquarion Evol, Ultraviolet Code 044, Ergo Proxy and a couple I can't pronounce let alone type with looking them up :)

I have just finished watching Psycho-Pass. It's a cyberpunk, dystopian-future, 22-episode series.

And I have to say that I am of the opinion, given my admittedly limited veiwing of the mahoosive range of animes out there...

That it is a flawless masterpiece.