For Ascifi members

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Brian Turner, Aug 16, 2006.

Brian Turner

Brian Turner Brian G. Turner Staff Member

Firstly, I'd like to extend our warmest welcome to the chronicles network. :)

I'd also like to say that chronicles already has a very friendly SFF community, and you are very welcome to join us in what is now the net's largest general science fiction & fantasy forums. :)

I appreciate that there's been quite a heady change - Ascifi.com was bought on August 10th, and a backup made on August 13th which was finally merged with chronicles on August 15th.

It wasn't entirely smooth, and there's still a lot of tidying up to do. It's going to take a few more days to smooth everything out - sort out the boards properly so that there's no repetition, and move threads to appropriate boards.

Please do be assured that we haven't deleted anything from the Ascifi forums, and if you find any particular threads or forums are not yet present, please do be assured that I'm in the process of moving them onto the public boards.

Overall, you're more than welcome to post any feedback or general comments - and if any of you are interested in resuming your original moderator positions, then please do feel free to PM me.

In the meantime, please do make yourself comfortable, and if you need help with anything, please do feel free to ask.

In fact, feel free to post something in the Introductions forum, where you can be more personably greeted here. :)

- Brian

ADDED: Just a couple of pointers I need to raise to help clarify any questions you may have:

The forums merger was a difficult process, and it appears that I was unable to import user avatars from Ascifi.com. If you're unable to find a suitable avatar, please do feel free to contact me and I'll do what I can to recover your original avatar, if possible.

POST COUNT

The chronicles forum is already set up to *not* add to post counts in the General and Discussion areas. You may find your post count drop because of Ascifi threads being moved to these areas - especially the "General Discussion" and "Post Clubs and Games".

Please don't be disappointed if you lose a few posts from your count - it's nothing personal, and not intended to be a slight on anyone.

RULES

The chronicles forum is a very friendly forum, and have a few basic rules. There should be nothing particularly surprising there - the bottom line is just try to be respectful of other people and differing opinions, and try to keep posts family-friendly where possible. I don;t think that should present any particular problems for AScifi members. :)
    Annette

Annette This is Star - my honey!!

Thanks for your warm welcome Brian. I look forward to posting on here.

annette :)
    Brian Turner

Hi Annette, and welcome to the forums. :)
    MsGudBod

MsGudBod Cherokee Pride

Howdy! and thanks for the Welcome. I look forward to posting and making new friends as well as chating with the old ones. Nice Baords I,B:)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
    Brian Turner

Hi MsGudBod, and welcome to chronicles. :)
    Eway

Eway Electronic Waymon

I'm shocked that Ascifi is gone. Good thing is there is a thread for SG-1 season 10...I'm re-watching the first 6 episodes right now so i can start posting...thanks for the welcome.

edit
    less Wormhole Extreme revisited

All downloads are in...what a nice way to spend Monday morning at work.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
    Brian Turner

Welcome to chronicles as well, Eway. :)

We've already had a couple of requests to update a few of the subboards to keep up with existing seasons, so if you feel that something's missing, feel free to suggest it. :)
    Steffi

Steffi Sexy & Sassy

Hi....ok....confused....I will be fine.....new changes can be exiting:)
    Brian Turner

Hi Steffi, and welcome aboard. :)

Hopefully not too disturbing, but we'll try and help you settle in. We're pretty friendly here. :)
    Status

Status Master Confusser

*waves* Hi, Steffi! Just go check out the 'Pic of the Day' thread, it should sooth you soon enough. ;)
    Steffi

Steffi Sexy & Sassy

Found it....thanks Status:p
    Emerita

Emerita New Member

*steps throught the Event Horizon*.....whoa......cool, I am glad to be included in on the move...... I haven't been around much because I am getting ready for Dragon Con.....but after that, I'll be poking around.....alot..... :p
    Coops

Coops New Member

I was an Ascifi member a while ago but the forum seemed slow. I only have ten old posts but I will look around here and maybe find a few subforums to contribute to. Thanks for the email.
    sweetbabe

sweetbabe New Member

Wow all shiny and new hehe :) does this move mean we lose our lil aliens??:(
    Brian Turner

I''ll try to do what I can about the aliens. :)

In fact, believe it out not, I actually dreamt of chronicles last night, and the little aliens were up!

I work too much... ;)
    athena28

athena28 Sports Goddess

I'm here...

Will post Vegas Trek Con photos late next week when I upload them from my camera. It was tremendous.
    little smaug

little smaug Fire and Brimstone

Krystal

Krystal New Member

Hi! Looks great. Looking forward to check it out. :)
    philoSCIFI

philoSCIFI Questarian Gaterider P3g

I'm here...

Hadn't heard about the change until Nyssa mentioned it. Thanks to Nys by the way. Thanks to Brian as well. :D Thanks Brian.

*shall miss all the old emoticons and aliens* All good things must come to an end... but wait! It's not the end! Here's to Ascifi to the Chronicles Network.

All the best. Cheers.
    Brian Turner

Nice to see you finally arrive, philoASCIFI. :)