Non Bio
Staff member
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Our street had a power cut so I missed exactly how this ended (and the whole of ‘Battlestar Galactica’ that followed.) Please tell me the final ending. On the whole I felt let down by what had been a great build-up in part I. It didn’t live up to its promise.

These Priors work on a basis of religious faith, so it did strike me odd that they weren’t able to turn ‘Cigarette Smoking Prior’, even with a whole host of evidence that the Ori were not Gods, including wheeling out the Ancient, Orlin, but that ‘Jaffa Prior’, Gerak, was quite simply turned when he had been so completely immersed previously.

Dr. Carolyn Lam now understands why her father had to go away with the Air Force for six months at a time without telling her mother, as she obvious finds it hard not to speak about alien viruses and alien medicine. I was wondering what he must have been working on back then as he has only just joined the SGC, Project Tick Tock maybe?

Gerak says "I die free" then cures everyone. If it had stopped there I would have complained about the reset button but accepted it. But, they went on to say that he only cured the people in the SGC. At this point the virus has spread world wide, is very virulent and must be in at least 30% of the population. Dr. Lam claims to be able to halt the spread of the disease and cure all the infected using Orlin’s unfinished work on a vaccine. Somehow, I don’t think that’s possible just given the logistics involved alone. And then the TV gave up!

It ended shortly after with Sam going to see Orlin (now an orphaned child) who has no memory of Sam (AWWwwwWWW!) and she helped him with a Jigsaw.

I laughed too when I saw the "smoking man" from X files. Nearly threw the remote with the Father and Daughter moment (is this day time TV?)

Well Gerak is nicely wrapped up as is future plague problems and fighting priors and the ninja jaffas are happy and so on!!

However I am suprised at how they converted Gerak yet he remained objective of the whole Ori deal. surely they would only convert the most devout followers who would not question the Ori such as the prior in this episode?

Wierd!

Ranger

Seeing that the Ori are not gods...how can they every really know how much someone really believes. Or if there is a certain amount of doubt that still lingers. Given that coupled with a wise old Teal'c...the ori are left with dissension in their ranks.

I believe the Ori felt like they had to take a chance given upside if their plot had worked out.

They might have just "crapped out" on that roll.

The two-parter is enjoyable over all, but reading these comments remind me of why I think the Ori suck as a concept for bad guy's.

The whole Ascension thing and stuff related to it should just be conveniently forgotten.

Why don't the writers do something different, but familiar.

Hey, how about a total campy episode with giant robots that look like they are from the 50's, but are deadly and real?
(feel free to use that idea for a fan fic)

Well, 'Voyager' already did that idea with the campy robot.

I agree with the Ori idea beginning to "suck", but I see this episode leading us to an Ancient vs Ori War, and that might be good to see, providing that Earth isn't in the middle of it.

It was a good episode, it was great to see again the Jaffa of the Sodan. And see that Lord Haikon wasn't with the Ori like the first time. I really enjoy this group, hope to see them more often in SG1. All the thing with Gerak was very interesting, the only sad part is that it was the end of the character too.

Krystal :D