4.21: Terra Prime

from Scifi Wire

UPN released details of the upcoming back-to-back series-ending episodes of its canceled Star Trek: Enterprise, which will air in May.

The first episode, "Terra Prime," will air at 8 p.m. ET/PT on May 13. The episode reveals the first steps in the foundation of the Federation, when Capt. Archer (Scott Bakula) and the crew must stop Paxton (guest star Peter Weller), a well-armed, radical human isolationist leader, who is threatening to destroy Starfleet Command unless all aliens leave Earth immediately, UPN announced.

The second episode, "These Are the Voyages," will air at 9 p.m. the same night.

This sounds as if it would form a nice follow on from 'Home'- If there was to be any form of arc, looking how the anti-alien movement gathers pace?

I think the two-parter was well done, but I'm kind of board with the whole anti-alien / racism plot.

Even though it makes perfect scene story wise.
Even though it was well developed . . well except the over powered array thing . .

Someone didn't realize a game of kick-the-can didn't require a tank.
Think about it you've got something that could burn off the face of Earth just to destroy comets?

Any way the whole anti-alien . . it's been done before. But, thankfully this wasn't your typical heavy handed racism treatment.

I think one of the best moments of either part was the mining colony taking off. It's got a logical reason for doing so, but it's unexpected and sort of original.

I enjoyed this one too. Although I was sad when the baby died. It kinda bothered me when Trip goes in to comfort T'Pol about the baby, he says that she was gentically engineered badly and if they ever wanted to have a baby that it would be fine. But we already knew that- Lorien.
:blpaw:

Originally posted by Mariel
It kinda bothered me when Trip goes in to comfort T'Pol about the baby, he says that she was gentically engineered badly and if they ever wanted to have a baby that it would be fine.
I've not seen this, but firstly that doesn't seem like a way to comfort someone.

Secondly, would a Vulcan need to be comforted - she already rejected his sympathy when her mother died.

And thirdly, is there any other way for a Human and Vulcan to have a baby other than by genetic engineering. Surely it can't happen naturally. (Though this is an area never really investigated and Worf and K'Ehleyr - only half klingon - managed to 'accidently' have Alexander.)

Dave what about Spock?

Spock was the off spring of a human and a vulcan. And I presume it was a natural conception.

I know you haven't seen it, but in part one the doctor said the baby should have been healthy.

Some how the bad guy's messed up when they made her.

Originally posted by McHorde-Trooper
what about Spock?
That was never explicited said. One could assume Sarek and Amanda went along to an IVF Doctor and talked it over. It is a subject that is never covered.

But, I didn't think of Deanna Troi, the product of a human father and a Betazoid mother. In fact, the Star Trek universe is full of hybrids, so those IVF Doctors must be extremely busy.

Also, I forgot about the DS9 ep. 'Children of Time'. That episode proves that humans, Trill, Bajorans and Ferengi can have children together without help. They have offspring who survive and are fertile 200 years later.

So, I accept I must be wrong here. :eek: :blush:

Nothing much to add to this now I've seen it. I do think that Earth would have problems like this. People would always resist change. And even Archer must have had sympathy for Paxton when he mentioned his father and Vulcans keeping us back.

That Utopia Planitia Array did seem like an extremely dangerous weapon to leave undefended. Why did the Xindi need to bring their own when there was already one on Mars?

I'm also feeling that this is the end. You can tell that the cast does too. Last ever episode of Star Trek next week!