Humor - what's your favorite episode?

Nyssa

42. What's the question?
Hi SG-1 fans!
I need your assistance :) I am introducing a friend to the series and she is open to watching a few episodes. She is not into sci-fi, but so far she likes the witty humor and team/alien relationships.

So, help me out, please.
What is are your favorite HUMOROUS episodes - especially those which feature RDA - her favorite.

Thanks!!!

BTW, she really enjoyed Deadman Switch :)

The first ones that come to mind are 'One False Step', '1969' and 'Urgo'

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

I think "Window of opportunity" and "Point of no return" are pretty funny. :lol:

I have to say the funniest EVER is 1969!!!!!!! I just love it!!!!!!!!

Yeah 1969 and Urgo and two of my faves..very funny! :rolly2:

LOL :D Looks like I should have made this one a poll.
Urgo is one of my favs, too. I might have overlooked Window of Opportunity - glad you mentioned it!

I think Wormhole X-treme is a hoot and I hope my friend thinks so to. But, there are a lot if inside jokes. Still, I bet it's funny w/o a lot of back story.

Great suggestions guys - what others?

Oh i'm gonna have to be boring...

Window of Opportunity >> It is just so funny "ON MY BACKSWING" :D :laugh: :D

Urgo >> Maybe not quite as funny but still a laugh. :laugh:

Wormhole X-treme >> Ditto

Speaking of funny moments i was just watching "ep 2010", the bit where Sam and Daniel are on the tour, oh :lol:

Nick,

This thread totally stole my idea though, i was going to do "Desert Island Episodes" no need now but it's all good.

"Window of Opportunity" would be at the top of my list, too, followed by "Holiday" (although your friend needs to be familiar enough with the cast to realize what happens when Jack is Teal'c and Teal'c is Jack).

Also, consider "The Changling" and "The Other Guys."

Great suggestions. I was just re-watching The Other Guys and I think she will definitely get a kick out of it. I literally laughed out loud. Stuff like Jack saying, some over the top Jaffa will come in here bragging about capturing us- wait for it. And, him asking for the resume. Good stuff.

(From the looks of that ep, it seems RDA was just in the mood to play. Lines? We don't need no stinking lines. Hey, let's just rip on the show for 44 minutes...)

OK, keep going with the suggestions!
What STILL makes you laugh out loud every time you see it?
Nys.

I forgot about Other Guys, lololol, that ep is just sooo funny, lol. Them two scientists are just idiots! I love their Star Trek quarrell and them dressed as Gou'lds, lolololol, and Jack's general reactions to them are just fab!!

Love the "We might as well be dressed in red shirts" quip in The Other Guys.
"Nerd."
"Geek."

Hope I'm not too late...

Favorite Laugh Out Loud Hilarious Episodes (or just good ones to watch):

Season 1
-Emancipation (you're friend has already seen part of this one?)
-Cold Lazarus (somewhat on the Drama side with Jack's family thing, but RDA's on screen most of the time)
-Solitudes (shippy but RDA again... sidearm quote :lol:)

Season 2
-The Gamekeeper
"Danny: Who are you?
Keeper: Why, I am the Keeper, of course.
Danny: The keeper of...
Keeper: The keeper of all that is, was and will be in this place."
"Keeper: They are ruining everything. Do you know they are actually picking the flowers?
Jack: [To Daniel] This is real this time, isn't it?
Keeper: [To residents] DO NOT PULL THAT! You are ruining the garden! [To Daniel and Jack] I told you they will ruin everything - first the garden, next the ENTIRE PLANET!
Jack and Daniel look at each other.
Jack and Daniel: [In unison] It's real."
-Bane (Not much of RDA but the girl who plays Ally is also the older Cassandra, Colleen Rennison. It's not too scifi-ish, and I enjoyed it. We find out about Teal'c tattoo!)
- as mentioned previously Holiday and1969

Season 3
Learning Curve
O'NEILL: So Merrin, I understand you're a reactor expert?
MERRIN: Yes.
O'NEILL: How old are you?
MERRIN: I'm eleven. How old are you?
O'NEILL: So Merrin, I understand you're a reactor expert.
Urgo (as been previously stated)

Season 4
Window of Opportunity :D :rolly2: An absolute must! :lol:
2010 "And we're walking." The lady's whole shpiel was fun. quote "embarkation room" end quote

Season 5
ascension sean patrick flannery as orlin... :lol: he's a cutie ends on a sad note but some funny quotes there

Season 6
The other guysFELGER! :lol:
sight unseen (it was just cool)

Season 7
Fragile Balance Michael Welsh as "mini-me"-Jack :lol:

In order from funniest to least funny:

1) Urgo
2) The Other Guys
3) Window of Opportunity
4) Wormhole X-Treme!

The following are ones you might want ur friend to watch later (after she' seen more episodes):

1) Heroes Pt. 1 (IMO, the second funniest episode ever [after Urgo], but obviously, the second part is very emotional. My mom cried so hard that now she's hooked, LOL)
2) Fragile Balance