Essays on BtVS -

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Poking around the web, I came across some interesting, well-thought out essays on some aspects of BtVS -

The first 2 I'm posting links to are on Gender Role Reversal...

It's About Power by Laura

Domestic Abuse and Gender Role Reversal in Season 6: My Letter to Mutant Enemy by Kristen Smirnov

There are others at Tabula Rasa Essays and All About Spike -

Once I read more, I'll point out the ones I really liked. So far, I've just read the first two... they were quite interesting. The 2nd one points out a great number of things that are very interesting and a number of things that I remember bringing up in conversations over some of the episodes. They are good reads...

This kind of fits here --- but probably more in the merch section - I can put a blurb there too -

anyway -

there's a book I picked up titled "Seven Seasons of Buffy" - and it's a collection of essays written by SciFi/Fantasy writers about BtVS -- it's kinda cool!

I've only read one - Roxanne Longstreet Conrad wrote a very funny essay about Xander (if you read it, you'll understand) - and I want to read some of the others - b/c they look really interesting...

(btw - RLC has a website and she even writes fanfic! ;) Published authors who write fanfic - that's a little different, isn't it? btw - knew her fanfic before I knew her pub'd works...

http://artistsinresidence.com/rlc/