Speculation

Discussion in 'X-Men' started by SilverCaladan, Oct 7, 2003.

SilverCaladan

SilverCaladan a WaNDeRiNG LiZaRD

Does anyone else care to speculate on how many movies could possibly be made out of all of X-Men canon?

I mean its been going on for like four decades, and its still being written today... how many movies could they MAKE out of all of that?!

Honestly, the repurcussions are amazing! It's almost as bad for Spiderman, which had quite enough different plotlines in its universe already, but X-Men *shakes head*. It's its own little multi-verse all its own what with all the different plotlines and series and characters and crossover potential...

ray gower

ray gower New Member

For as long as they manage to maintain as strong and as well played as X-Men2, I think it could continue for at least another three or four films, before boredom sets in.

As for how many stories, I wouldn't like to guess. But they seem to have settled on Magneto as the resident baddie, so that may limit things. Besides the comic stories tend to cycle between the different series, so there are limits there to.

SilverCaladan

SilverCaladan a WaNDeRiNG LiZaRD

Very true, and they seem to be making up another plotline to fit the movies, and ignoring a lot of the canon, so I kind of look upon it as another series all together. Like a spinoff or something... lol

Se-maj#617

Se-maj#617 Spider-man himself

problem

That's the only problem with films. Is that you can grow more tired of them than the comics. I mean there have been hundreds of x-men comics, but there could be, like, only four movies. the possiblities for charcters and plots are endless, but the veiwers attentions span is the problem. Now diehard fans like us would love to see movie after movie, but others, well there not as excited. Very sad.

filmnut

filmnut New Member

It's has to do with money... the budget on these things are huge... and it's also a cyclical thing... Even if they go away for a while, they'll be back... (so long as the comic book stays strong)