Extended edition in theaters

pkgrl

Ultimate J/A shipper!
In December, Return of the King comes out... obviously. But did you guys know that New Line is releasing (in 100 theaters in the US) the Extended Editions of FOTR and TTT as well?

If that weren't enough, they are offering the super-geek-special, too: FOTRexed, TTTexed, PLUS Return of the King all in one day!

I know that may sound like a bit much to you more normal people, but we super-geeks love this stuff! :D

Tickets go on sale this Thursday. All the other details can be found at lordoftherings.net.

All three to be shown in one day and the extended ones at that?
Somebody is kidding surely!

Nobody can sit still for 12 hours of film

no, its true, I went to the site and there are no screenings near Freeport, ME, th eclosest is Boston, so i cant go:mad:

They should realese tem in all theaters

Originally posted by ray gower
All three to be shown in one day and the extended ones at that?
Somebody is kidding surely!

Nope. No kidding. :D

Nobody can sit still for 12 hours of film

I can! I can! :gaptooth: Hey, I already admitted that I'm a Super Geek, right?

Has anyone found out how much the tickets are yet? I looked all over LotR.net and couldn't find any prices.

I'd think the price varies from theater to theater, but one in Seattle is offering the Trilogy Marathon at $30.

Originally posted by Stacy
I'd think the price varies from theater to theater, but one in Seattle is offering the Trilogy Marathon at $30.

Thanks! At least I'll have an idea of how much.

Ooooh, I'm a super-geek too!! I'd definately go but I doubt that if they do do the same here in England it'll be nowhere near me :(

Tickets went on sale today. Has anyone gotten theirs yet? When I arrived at the theater, I got the last two!

The theater in SD isn't selling at the box office until tomorrow. The tickets available now are available only online through www.amctheatres.com for the AMC theaters throughout the US.

Apparently, my "purchase is being processed" and has been for the last 18 minutes. :disgust:

Hey, PK, there's a note at Onering.net that 'the major online ticket vendor's systems have either broken down or have been completely swamped -- resulting in false "sold out" messages'.

Yeah, I've been getting updates from them and from the leader of the "line party" in San Diego, too. No tickets in SD have been sold yet. The AMC ticket site (movietickets.com) has been too swamped and is pretty much down now. I've been checking every 15 minutes or so for the past five hours... nothing so far. If I have to, I'll go to the theater tomorrow and buy them in person.

Edited to add: Stupid, frelling, *&%$#(*#)(%@ AMC theaters! Decided to sell tix at the box office around 3:30... with no update about that on the site... and sold out in less than an hour! (*^&%^$&$##$%! :angryfire