X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Discussion in 'X-Men' started by Tapestry_03, Sep 13, 2003.

Tapestry_03

Tapestry_03 Boydalicious!

SilverCaladan

SilverCaladan a WaNDeRiNG LiZaRD

sheesh! looks like we have to wait another 3 years >_<
    Tapestry_03

Tapestry_03 Boydalicious!

Well hey, at least we now know there is something to wait for!
    sarah2040

sarah2040 Shipper Queen

There was a little article in the latest SFX mag on this, if anyone wants to know

Bryan Singer hints that X3 will centre on Wolverine's quest for his roots and Jean Gray's transformation into Phoenix. Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) is also signed on again

Can't wait to see this film if this is what's happening.......and even if it's not!
    SilverCaladan

lol well you kinda figure out those plot points from watching the second movie, but anyways *squeals in delight*
    Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

X Men III to shoot next year

SilverCaladan

I love you Dave.
    Highlander II

Highlander II There can be only one!! Staff Member

Well, aside from being grammatically horrid - this is so typical of some of these 'big name' actors -- you'd almost think they'd want a 'little' role sometimes.

True, Storm hasn't played a huge part in the movies, but it is an ensemble cast - so not everyone can be the center of attention. Are the others gonna say similar things? James Marsden? Cyclops hasn't really had a huge part.

I'm just ranting - sometimes actors are whiny - but it would be nice to get some background info on some of the other characters - where they came from and how they came to be who they are -- I love backstory and wanna know more about the characters since I've never read the comic books (wasn't really a comic book person growing up) -- so - backstory is good. Whiny actors is bad ---- ;)
    Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

Wolverine has had a lot of screentime though, you could have almost called the first film 'Wolverine'!
    Highlander II

Per one of the 4 magazines I bought yesterday - this is slated to drop May 2006 ---

that's a LONG time away from now --- sheesh!

they're supposed to start filming sometime next year...

in the meantime, Hugh Jackman is working on another film, that's also supposed to drop spring 2006 (I think) --- have to find the info on that and drop it in the 'upcoming' section...
    Brandon

Brandon New Member

x3

Seem`s like good new`s back and forth , left and right.Man that`s
    going to be tight.Now fovorit is Beast so if anyone knows please
    it`s killing me to know if he`s in this one. Please.Thank you.
    Spacenewt

Spacenewt Spikeaholic

I've been hearing some buzz (I can't for the life of me remember from where though :( ) that Joss Whedon is going to be pretty heavily involved in the third movie.

If it's true, I think it'd be a pretty good thing as he's got his roots pretty firmly in the fantasy genre, plus didn't he have something to do with the comics, so he should hopefuly know the characters well!
    Highlander II

X-men 3 has a writer --

from: http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=587853

since I can't find the article and don't have access to it from here - I'll grab it from the Hugh board I post on when I get home

And - there's still the rumor that Joss Whedon will direct - this, AFAIK, hasn't been confirmed.
    Sinistra

Sinistra Lurking in the Shadows

I can't wait for this film to come out - i loved the first 2 movies, and its such a shame that they ahvent even started the filming on X-Men 3 yet :(

Itwould be great if Joss Whedon were to be involved with it somehow - he did so well with buffy and angel and it would make the next film even better :D
    Highlander II

I think they're supposed to start filming later this year??? maybe - if it's got a May 2006 release - they'd have to.

I don't know much more than that, except that Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and, IIRC, the other primaries from the 1st two are signed on.

I'll see what's on the Hugh Jackman board - they've got the stuff up-to-date-ish over there. ;)
    Winters_Sorrow

Winters_Sorrow Unreg. Mutant Moderator Staff Member

X-Men 3

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd post a bit more on the latest (and more than likely last) instalment of the X-Men franchise.

Filming is due to start in August of this year, aiming for a July 2006 release.

Hugh Jackman has already confirmed he will reprise his role as Wolverine and indeed has confirmed this week that he will be filiming "Wolverine" a spin-off movie, not long after wrapping up X3.
    Scott Marsden, Patrick Stewart & Famke Janssen are all likely to return.
    Kitty Pryde is also to be given a bigger role in this movie.

It's probably fairly safe to say that this has been a 'troubled' production with numerous directors & writers involved at one point or another.
    Brett Ratner (director of Rush Hour) is the latest to be offered the poisoned chalice.
    It is already confirmed that Kelsey Grammer will be playing Beast along with Gambit (possibly an actor called Scott Madej) and (the yet uncast) Angel.

There's still rumours about the Juggernaut (hopefully not Vinnie Jones as earlier rumoured!) being involved, along with the Dark Phoenix storyline (although this is not to be the main storyline).

Rumours persist that the main story will revolve around the Sentinels and it's also hinted that several "main" X-Men will be killed off during the movie (probably not Wolverine due to the planned spin-off movie)

Let's see how the last of the trilogy pans out.... :)
    Leto

Leto Outside

Re: X-Men 3

Maggie Grace will play Kitty Pride.
    Princess Ivy

Princess Ivy Damsel in this dress

sounds grand! any news on wether or not ian maclellan will reprise his role? i seem to remember him kicking some serious sential ass in the animated series:D
    Winters_Sorrow

Winters_Sorrow Unreg. Mutant Moderator Staff Member

I hope so, but with all these new characters I don't know how much screen time he'll get! :)
    Princess Ivy

Princess Ivy Damsel in this dress

thats always been the problem with such an ensamble book. knowing which characters to devote screen time to. I know they had planned to feature jubilee for more than just her brief appearance in x2, but simply didn't have the time for it.