B-5 season 3 DVD set due out...

Rowan

The Season 3 set of DVD's for Bab-5 is due out in August. here are a couple of places they are available, but this is by no means the only ones.

These are in order of the prices I found.

CD Universe

Amazon.com

UncomynGifts

Enjoy!

Rowan

OOOO that's coming out sooner then I expected. I'll definitaly be getting it. I'll go nicely with my s1 and s2 :D
:blpaw:

*not* so happy

:angryfire

The S3 set isn't due out in the UK until November - it isn't fair :(

Rik

With Understanding...

I understand, Ryk. It suxs.

But, perhaps, the fact you guys usually have all the cool stuff: calenders, helps offset it? Just a bit?

Rowan <who has to remember to order her 2004 calendar...

I wish :)

I didn't see B5 during its run - I was too ickle (I caught a couple of episodes from S2 on the sci-fi cannel re-reun). I haven't seen S3 and it looks like it may be the best so far as far as the bits I like (The big space battles) are concerned. So, maybe we do get the calendars, but you get to watch the series (isn't that a bit more important?)

Rik

You're right...

Sorry, Ryk... you're right. I tend to forget the differences in folks ages here on the boards. I was working when the pilot and the first season first came out and it was by the grace of a friend and his VCR I got caught up to follow it in first run.

of course, I also followed Star Trek: The Original Series in first run, so that dates me.

A lot. ;)

Graduated High School in 1970...

Rowan

Well, I only just graduated high school. I like to think my generation is the future, but we need you guys to show us where to go (me in particular - It's you guys I need to convince of my ideas)

And don't worry about the age-gap thing - age is only a barrier to those who believe it is so (who said that?) Besides, I just got my first alien (makes me feel soooo much older :))

Rik

One world ...

In the world of 'creative-speculative fiction', we're all one generation that could go back as far as the sighting of 'The Wheel in the Middle of the Air' from the old testament through to the articles and writings of your great, great grandchildren.

SF&F keeps *all* of us young. ;)

Rowan

*Affects Jack O'Neil Laconic Sarcasm, complete with sideways grin*

Nice sentiment

:)

Hold on, "Wheel in the middle of the air"?

Rik

Ezekial, from the Old Testament. it's written that he saw a 'firery circle' or 'wheel' spinning in the air. Some folks feel that it may be a report of an early UFO siting. The incident was written into a church song "Ezekial Saw A Wheel Way in the Middle of the Air".

Rowan

Ahhhh, Bible quotes. Not exactly my strong point, but hey....

Interesting interpretation of the story though. I guess I've just never imagined that Christianity could go well with UFOs

Rik

Got mine yesterday and I found an easter egg. It's on disk 6 under the Data files in the extras. If you see a '5' then you've found it. It's funny out takes. I think there are easter eggs on the other two seasons also, I just have to find the time to look for them.
:blpaw:

OK, I have finished watching the third series of B5. INCREDIBLE? Now obviously i've seen this before, but to me it just doesn't seem to pale. I sincerely think that there's nothing that can compare to this series as yet.

One thing that did seem to junp out was the fact that although this series was mainly about the Shadow War, you don't see the Shadows as much as i thought. This quite surprised me.

Severed Dreams i believe won a Hugo Award. I'm not surprised, it is incredible. I'm also led to believe that JMS wrote the entire series. A massive achievement by anyones standards.

One thing that did seem to junp out was the fact that although this series was mainly about the Shadow War, you don't see the Shadows as much as i thought. This quite surprised me.

Severed Dreams i believe won a Hugo Award. I'm not surprised, it is incredible. I'm also led to believe that JMS wrote the entire series. A massive achievement by anyones standards.

Yeah, Series 3 is my favourite.

Series 3 was really about the Shadow War, at least, not the first half. The Shadow War started at the end of episode 14. The first half of the series was all getting Babylon 5 spilt from Earth and Centauri/Narn war.
The real Shadow War stuff is early Series 4.

I think it's to the series as a wholes benefit that the Shadows don't have such a massive presence. If you got exposed to them to much, they would be less impressive. But as shadows in the background you get a real threat from them.

B5 won two Hugos, in 1996 (Series 2) for episode 9: The Coming of Shadows and 1997 (Series 3) for episode 10: Severed Dreams

Season 3 probably represents the peak of the overall story arc - Severed Dreams really does represent a completion for all the tension that has been building up, yet promises more. Oh, so loved it - was watching a clip from the battle on YouTube only a few days ago. :)

Pah.

People moaned about those effects. It really hasn't detracted from the series at all IMO. In fact, i still think that it stands up quite well today.