A poll for harry potter the order of the phoneix

no no no, we get to see dumbledore mad, although would have been better if we had seen Richard Harris as dumbledore:(:rolly2:

Tis a pity he is no longer with us. :( Oh well lets hope Michael Gambon fits in the role well

annette :)

well i dont know much about him, so i will have to wait to see how he does, hope he does well, i also really want to see what a hippogriff looks like:p:rolly2:

shouldn't we be talkin about this in book 3/movie 3? ;)

good point, back to the 5th book, was any one else happy to be learning so much mroe about things that are happening in the fight agains voldermort, i was, seems like we have been to cut off from what has been happening with the adults:(:rolly2:

Yeah i agree, Voldemort is someone who hasn't really been explained about. (if that makes sense)

lol, yes it does, (did i make sense???), i would love to learn more about what hes up to, also wondering what his next scheme or plan is gonna be:rolly2:

something i just remembered thinking, when it was originaly introduced it seemed that from the way dumbledore talked that there was only one pensive, and he had it, and now we have them showing up in several places, did any one else get this impresion?:rolly2:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to vote as 'pretty damn good', but not quite 'best ever'. Don't get me wrong, it was fantastic, but I think GoF was better. I'll just pretend there's another box somewhere between pretty good and best ever--maybe fan-frickin'-tastic...er, something like that. :p

Originally posted by timdgreat
something i just remembered thinking, when it was originaly introduced it seemed that from the way dumbledore talked that there was only one pensive, and he had it, and now we have them showing up in several places, did any one else get this impresion?:rolly2:

Since Dumbledore asked Snape to instruct Harry, do you think perhaps he also leant his pensive to Snape? I'm sure Dumbledore would understand that there would be a chance that Harry could accidently get into Snape's head, and as there would likely be a great deal of sensitive information loose in Sev's head Dumbledore wouldn't want harry to stumble across it. (Not to mention those private Snape thoughts that Harry got into anyway:evil: )

As for "several places", I'm going to have to get my memory refreshed; I only remember Snape's :rolleyes:

actually after rereading the book i was wrong there was only the one in snapes office, but still would like to know if its a one of kind things or not:rolly2:

I reckon that because voices were heard from behind the curtainy thing that perhaps he didnt really die... he has probably gone to some other dimension/plane of existence/whatever you want to call it...I hope so because there may be every chance he will return...but i wouldnt get my hopes up about that one!

By the way, read it in....lets see...if you dont include sleeping time... I reckon it took me about...14-16 hours? Bought and started reading the day it came out which is a while back so cant be too exact...was too long ago...

16 hrs? It took me 22 but then I did get interupted alot.:(:D

I too think that there's a possibility for Sirius to come back. rowling didn't directly explain to us what that veil really was so there's always a chance. 'Nother Rowling twist waiting to happen!:D;) anyway weather he does or not we'll just have to wait and see.

Pensive(s)?.... Actually I got the impression that It was Dumbledore's same Pensive and that Snape was borrowing it. there weren't any other pensives in the book that I can recall...

hmm decides to go back and re read this book after all the others he has lined up to make sure:p:rolly2:

It was pretty good -

I mean - I just read all 5 of them w/in the last month -

The stories are great - the only thing I don't really like, is the 'info-dump' at the end of the books - I noticed it especially in Book 5 - when Dumbledore is telling Harry about the prophecy and such - there really isn't much build up to it - sure, Harry's having dreams and such and you know he's running toward this door and whatnot, but there's no 'subtext' for the prophecy -

(for timd - this is kinda why I like the Dresden books better - more continuity and build up)

I'm all for the big 'bad guy' fight at the end - it makes little sense for it to just jump out in the middle - but for "Mr. Exposition' to walk into the room at the end of the affair and explain everything - that's just boring - and kind of insults the reader - whether in 6th grade or well past retirement age -- JMHO of course - but I don't much like exposition for the sake of exposition -- if it's placed well, it doesn't look like exposition and it's fun to read (hit the Dresden books - they really are chock full of exposition, but it's done is such a way that you don't realize that you're 'learning' stuff while you're reading) ---

Really tho - I liked the story and the characters are interesting -- I'm just wondering if Voldemort is gonna be like Apophis on Stargate -- the bad guy that just won't go away -- he just keeps coming back just for hte sake of ppl being afraid of him -- b/c you can't tell me the only bad guy out there is Voldemort and he's the only one Harry will ever face --- not buying that one -- I'm too much of a skeptic! :D

So, yeah - it was pretty good --

well we know that hes most likely gonna be around till the last book(voldermort i mean) so in a way i guess he is kinda like apophis in that sense:rolly2:

*sigh*

See - where's the fun in that? If Harry's gotta face the same villain in each book - there's no surprise, nothing to look forward to.

Now, if in the next book, Voldemorte doesn't show up, then he shows up in book 7 - okay, different deal - but if V's gonna just pounce out of the shadows in each book covering Harry's journey through Hogwarts --- just one Urgo-ish thing to say to that - booooooooooooooooring.

I don't like things to be overly predictable. Good story or not, if I know how it's gonna end before I even start reading - it's almost not worth it. I'm picky, so sue me.

I like the books, don't get me wrong, but the same baddie each time? Not as exciting. Maybe it's just me.

well i hope thats not the case because i agree it wouldnt make the books that enjoyable, but i have some faith in Mrs Rowling, and i think she will pull through for us:rolly2:

Back