Freddie Prinze Jr and Why Gellar left Buffy

Tabitha

Save Angel!
I read this interview with Freddie Prinze Jr on Zap2it the other day, and I was very surprised by some of the criticisms he was making.
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31101
End of 'Buffy' Only Makes Gellar Stronger
Thu, Apr 17, 2003 03:20 PM PDT

by Kate O'Hare, Zap2it, TV News

Without going into specifics, Prinze hints that the later seasons of "Buffy" may have been rough for his bride.

"A lot of people owe Sarah a lot for doing that show," Prinze says, "and she doesn't always get the credit she deserves. She's a very strong woman, because she deals with a lot of nonsense, and instead of that nonsense, she should be thanked -- and she's not. That's the reason she won't be coming back."

"Sarah's the most appreciative person in the world, and if that environment would have remained the way it would six years ago, she would go back, because she's loyal. But things change, and people's egos get in the way sometimes. They make poor decisions."

"I don't agree with it, but I understand it, and I just pray I'm never guilty of it."

Prinze asserts that, whatever happened, Gellar gave 100 percent. "And even if she's not, nobody knew, because she commits. She's badass."

What is he talking about? Who's egos? What nonsense?
I get the "time to move on" argument, but what FPJ seems to be saying here is that Buffy was a horrible wokring environment which SMG stuck out because she was a trooper.

This seems very different from every other impression I have ever got regarding behind the scenes stuff.

I've seen this in several places now -- and I still have no idea what he was talking about --

I'm not a FPJ fan - at all - and this makes me like him even less than I already did --

*sigh* some ppl should just not talk, you know?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pyan Obituaries 1