4.19: Magic Bullet

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
The 'Magic Bullet' theory is thus: Lee Harvey Oswald fired his bolt-action Manlicher-Carcano Rifle from the 6th floor window of the Texas School Book Depository and it travelled through heavy foliage, hit JFK in the back of neck (well, just below the back of his neck, IIRC), made a turn to the right and exited through the front of his right shoulder, made another turn back to the left, then back to the right to enter Governor Connelly in the back of his right shoulder, then travelled downward and made another turn to exit through Connelly's chest, travel around to the top-side of his right wrist and enter at a downward angle, leaving through the under-side of his wrist and finally penetrating his left thigh and coming to rest there. And, it performed these feats and was extracted in 'mint' condition.

Lovely theory, and completely bogus.

Anyway -- sequeue into ---

Fred's got some cool gun-slinging going on and gives Angel a big kiss, and, with his help, she knocks some sense into the Angel Inc gang.

I'm totally lazy, so copy / pasting post from CWDP board --

Ok - 1st

LEE HARVEY OSWALD ACTED ALONE MY *ASS*!!

I have a HUGE BIG FAT HONKIN' peeve about that one - lone gunman, magic bullet - gimme a break - NO ONE believes that anymore - NO ONE!! I tell ya!

Have I mentioned that I spent most of my 4 years in High School reading about and researching the Kennedy assassination? Was totally fascinated with it for years! So that touched a nerve - and someone tell that bookstore kid that Jasmine's a big fat liar!

Anyway -- back to the ep -

ACK! My ears are bleeding - Mandy? again? only w/ diff lyrics - ACK!! and Connor singing too? Someone smack me in the head w/ frozen meat!

Fred kissed Angel! Hoorah! How long has she been waiting to do that? And how kinda dumb was she to think it was gonna work? Oh well - go Fred!

*snort* Angel fell through the window! Honestly - it makes me like him better. Kinda like the scene in the 1st ep when he jumps into the wrong car! HAHA! I like the characters to have flaws - makes 'em more human! teeheee

Wesley: I'll get him. I've kidnapped him before.

WOOHOO to the Marlboro Man - that was a great line and I'm not entirely sure why --

Overall - really good episode - gave it 4 stars (it was better than last night's Buffy) ---

Jasmine ate those people? ewwwwwwwwwwwww -- still not really liking her - but she is eerily similar to Caleb (from BtVS - or maybe he's eerily similar to her?)

That 'same blood' thing is kinda creepy -- what does that say for Dawn? Hmmmmm --- thoughts and thoughts and theories and questions ----

What're they gonna do w/ Cordy? b/c her being in a coma for the next several episodes is gonna be about as exciting as Spike in the basement for half the bleeding season of Buffy --

So - good ep - lots going on and not too much 'huh'? ---but, I KNEW Connor wouldn't work - I knew the blood thing wouldn't work on him! B/c that would have been WAY too easy ---

Well, once again I am a week late. I guess that's what I get for having a Tuesday Buffy Night...

I enjoyed this episode (far more than Buffy's Dirty Girls ep). I think my favorite thing about it was the Bookstore owner; crazy, but not a charicature. I'm also psyched that Josh and Co ended the whole 'Thrall to Jasmine' angle when they did. Any less would have been pointless, and any more would have been annoying.

I have two gripes, though:

-Angel falling in the window: Yes, it makes him more human, but that's not how he's supposed to be. It's like one minute he's batman, and the next, he's gilligan. He should always be super-sneaky when he wants/needs to be...

-Conner: Setting aside my general feelings on Connor (ie - complete and total detriment to the group), it was totally obvious that trying to free him with Cordy's blood wouldn't work, or at least, it was a distinct possibilty. I expect that kind of naivete from most of them, even Angel, but not Wesley, not any more.

I did just have a thought, though: What if they did free him, and that's why he looked dejected. But what if he now just chooses to follow Jasmine, since she's the only thing that's made him happy... Well, we'll find out soon.

Angel's not supposed to be perfect - if he NEVER falls in the window, then he's boring (which he already is anyway - blah blah blah - brooding guy w/ cave-man brow) -- if he falls in the window every now and then, or jumps into the wrong car b/c he's in a hurry - then he's just like everyone else and ppl can relate to him. It's really hard to like a character who does everything right - not to mention, that character becomes a 'Mary Sue' and is generally hated by the fans --

I *like* that Angel does stupid stuff - that he makes mistakes that any of the rest of us might make. ;)

I am *so* with you on the Lee Harvey Oswald thing Highlander II.

But I was wondering what the title might refer to within the episode. Is it to do with Fred acting alone? I have a niggling feeling it is something to do with Connor not being freed from Jasmine's thrall.

It could actually refer to a lot of things --

it could be literal - the bullet Fred fired through Jasmine and into Angel -

it could be about Connor; it could be about Fred acting alone; it could just be them screwing with our heads and throwing in with the LHO acted alone crowd just to use that stupid line from Jasmine to the bookstore guy --

LHO did NOT do it on his own, if he was even there at ALL!

I've been to Dallas, to Dealy plaza - um, there's a big ass tree in front of that window --

There's also a museum now, up on the 6th floor of the book depository - and you can still sort of see out the window and you CANNOT see much of the road from there - at least not the place where JFK was supposed to have been shot -- I know - I looked! :) Not to mention the gun he was using would never do what the Warren Commission claimed that it did... *shakes head at people's stupidity*

*sigh* I could rant on and on about this - but, it has little to do w/ the episode - aside from the fact that either ME and co had Jasmine lying to that guy, or someone at ME actually BELIEVES the 'magic bullet' theory (theoretical physics -- yeah, uh huh, and to quote a line from Jim Garrison from the movie JFK - "Theoretical physics says that an elephant can hang from a cliff with his tail tied to a daisy." - so, yeah, whatever) -- I'm hoping it's not the 2nd of those -- gah!

its episodes liek these that make you think "damn, angel is so cool"

we're a bit behind in austalia, but it's well worht it. LOVE the current storyline....

I liked this episode more than last week's, even though Jasmine and the "shiny happy people" still make me want to gag. And don't even get me started on the Angel-Connor "Mandy" rendition. :dead:

I'm very glad that the gang are back to normal. But why did nobody consider that the blood wouldn't work on Connor? I mean, he is technically Jasmine's father, so I'm presuming that's why it didn't work. Though now I am wondering if it actually did work, and Connor is aligning himself with Jasmine anyway.

I liked the bookshop guy, he was likeably eccentric. "We don’t need to use the evil tools of 'the man' when we have 'the wo-man'" :laugh2:

And as for Angel falling through the window, I thought it was funny. It's like in Graduation Day when he slips on a wet floor, it shows his human side. ;)

Yeah I liked this eppy too Wesley's line is very cool and I enjoyed the falling:Lol

I don'tknow if anyone's considered this but penicillin was the magic bullet, its what it was called a sort of cure for everything they believed anyway. well its the same thing with the blood, a cure against jasmine's thrall. Just a thought

Back