Symbiote??

imported_Marianne

Gimme HRT and chocolate
A friend at work asked me today if there are any symbiote models out there, you know like rubber snakes. She thought it would be cool to have one to wrap around her wrist like Hathor (some people will do anything to embarrass you).

Anyone have any ideas about this?

I dont think there will be any official models used in the series since the symbiotes are most likely done with CG (computer graphics).. there may be someone who decided to make some though...somewhere.

The goa'uld we see that come out of the pouches are mostly models (it would be too expensive to do graphically and would probably look naff if they treid) so you might find a prop but I am pretty sure there is no merchandised model out..

they are!?!? they must be some pretty advanced models making all that movement and squirming when they jump into the back of someone's neck..

Originally posted by Blind
they are!?!? they must be some pretty advanced models making all that movement and squirming when they jump into the back of someone's neck..
Except that Wingless Flyer specifically said "The goa'uld we see that come out of the pouches..." and didn't mention the blending shots. ;)

Oddly enough, in the UK, those scenes are cut from the terrestrial TV footage...

There was symbiotes props used in the series not just cgi, one of them went on an auction a good while back. I've actuall been thinking about this before, when i get time get started at sculpting (can't at the moment due to exams coming up) i'd love to give it a go. Except there are'nt any good pics around and there appears to be a few different versions. Anyone have any good pics of them?

I though I heard somewere that they had 2 symbiot puppets that they used in some of the episodes?

Rubber puppets were used for Seasons 1 and 2, but in Tok'ra 2 Season 2 finale (Out of Mind) they used a CGI symbiote. I do not think they used a rubber one since. IMO, the rubber ones look much more real.

The only think I can think of to find a prop of the rubber larvae is to try Ebay, they have props for a lot of stuff like the Star Wars and Aliens films...

Back