When Is Two Towers DVD coming out?

Discussion in 'J R R Tolkien' started by tuco, Mar 5, 2003.

tuco

tuco New Member

What i really want is the "Extended DVD Edition" of Two Towers. Anyone got news about its release date?
    FeedMeTV

FeedMeTV The Fifth Member of SG-1

When did the Fellowship extended DVD come out? I would guess it's around about the same time.
    Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Fear is the mind killer.

My guess is August, just like FotR.
    Shaun

Shaun R.I.P. Ashes

Well the extended version of FOTR came out in early November, so probably the same for TTT.
    FeedMeTV

I wonder how much extra film they've got this time?
    Shaun

Shaun R.I.P. Ashes

From theonering.net and the official fan club:

PJ - "We're actually looking at a little bit more. We've ended up with about 43 minutes of additional material: I think The Fellowship had 32 minutes."

Some of whats in it...
    PJ - "I think the thing I am most excited about is the fleshing out and expansion of the Treebeard/Ent story. His story, more than any other single part of the film, was reduced for the theatrical version. Most of the Treebeard stuff is humorous. We have a great scene-which I really would have loved to put in the theatrical version-where he recites really bad poetry to the Hobbits, who are desperately trying not to fall asleep because that would be rude, and they don't want to be rude. In addition to the Treebeard material in that storyline, we also have a really funny sequence with Merry and Pippin and the Ent-draught, which is pretty much taken right from the book. There are a lot more surprises in that extra Fangorn material."

43 minutes! I can't wait. :D
    tuco

tuco New Member

I thought that the Extended Fellowship was great. I would have liked to see it on the big screen. I don't know If I can wait till november to see the Extended Two Towers( Its not like I have a choice). Thanks for all of your replies, thats what makes this fourm sweet.
    FeedMeTV

So now comes the difficult choice for me. Do I wait, bypass the standard TT DVD and get the extended version, or buy the standard and not the extended? Or I could buy them both. Hmmm.

Personally I feel that the extended DVD's are just a way to squeeze as much money out of the loyal fans as possible. Why couldn't they have simply put the extended stuff on the one DVD set and charge a little extra for it?

Is the extended dvd really worth all that money? Cos you see I have birthday money to put to good use. :D
    tuco

tuco New Member

I did both. First I got the standard Fellowship, then when the extended ed came out I got that. I like having both. I will most likely buy each version and even get the "big box set" when it rears its ulgy pricetag.
    FeedMeTV

Do you think there will be an extended version boxset?
    tuco

tuco New Member

FeedMeTV

I think I'll hang on for that then although you're right that it'll be scarily expensive.
    ray gower

ray gower New Member

Having finally approached the second disc of my Two Towers DVD and the trailers for the extended version. I'm not sure the extensions are not going to make it a long film, rather than an improved film as in the case of the Fellowship.

Nor do the extras on the normal set amount to a great deal. There looks as thought there was much scraping to fill the space.
    kelsi

kelsi Expert Member

So is the mega long one out yet?
    FeedMeTV

Nope don't think so.
    ray gower

ray gower New Member

For Info

Both the extended and the whizzy geek collectors set is due out on the 18th November.
    sarah2040

sarah2040 Shipper Queen

Only 12 days left now! Yey! :rolly2: