Worst Sci-Fi movie of all time

I have to admit I have a soft spot in my heart for this film, Parson. To me it has so many very creative aspects to it and the music and sound effects were so awesomely different. Perhaps: "Sir, are you classified as human?." "Uh, no. I am a meat Popsicle" is my kind of humor, though.:D

Why Disney would want to make a theme park (addition) out of this terrible, (thinly disguised, political) film is beyond me. (On Disney forums, I find no one really excited about it either).

Besides cool film making technology, the story didn't resonate.

Even though it made a ton of money, it kinda went away. After all: When was the last time you saw someone wearing an Avatar T-Shirt? :D

The Incredible Melting Man 1977 Astronaut comes back from space and flesh starts to melt. What's not to like about this film? Everything.:)

The Incredible Melting Man 1977 Astronaut comes back from space and flesh starts to melt. What's not to like about this film? Everything.:)

I actually love that film. Admittedly my tolerance for schlock is pretty high. I think it's one of Rick Baker's most underrated special effect makeups and the old couple make me laugh.

If I had to pick one of my least favorite sci-fi movies of all time.... Starship Troopers...
I know some of you might moan at me for saying it, but I really didn't like it :)

Perhaps not "worst of all time" that would take some pretty incredible doing, but worst I've ever seen, hands down, "The Fifth Element." What a piece of unredeemed garbage. Aliens who are completely unbelievable and an ending someone must have dreamed up on the fifth day of a five day binge.

Should have made a comment earlier, but I will now, anyway.

I don't quite understand your dislike. It was a space opera, pure and simple, lots of action scenes and some superb film editing. Did you object to Bruce Willis, he of the action flick of the month club? Or was it Milla Jovovich, who is now firmly (and sadly) entrenched as Alice for the rest of her film career? surely it wasn't because of Ian Holm's priestly character. Some of the dialogue wasn't all that bad, either, e.g.,

Priest: Hurry! The wall is closing!
Mondoshawan: [lumbering towards the exit] Here is your mission: pass your knowledge on to the next, as it was passed on to you.
Priest: I-I will do as you command, but please hurry! You still have time!
Mondoshawan: Time not important. Only life important.
[the Mondoshawan extends the key beyond the exit, and the Priest turns away in horror as the rest of him is crushed between the wall]

Priest Vito Cornelius: [discussing the Dark Planet] Imagine for a moment that this thing is not anything that can be identified because it prefers not to be. Wherever there is life, it brings death, because it is evil, absolute evil.
President Lindberg: One more reason to shoot first.
Priest Vito Cornelius: Evil begets evil, Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Zorg: This case is empty.
[switches to conversation between Cornelius and Leeloo, who is laughing]
Priest Vito Cornelius: What do you mean, empty?
[back to conversation between Zorg and Aknot]
Zorg: Empty. The opposite of full. This case is supposed to be full! Anyone care to explain?
Leeloo: [back to Leeloo, speaking in the Divine Language]
Priest Vito Cornelius: The guardians... gave the stones... to someone they could trust... who-who took another route... she's supposed to contact this person... in a hotel... and she's looking for the address. Easy.
Leeloo: [points to the computer screen] Dort.
David: It's-it's planet Fhloston, in the Angel Constellation!
Priest Vito Cornelius: We're saved.
[back to Zorg and Aknot]
Zorg: I'm screwed.

Perhaps I'm too easily amused, but I loved this film.

I don't do "tongue in cheek" and "wink, wink," stuff very well. This is why I've never even bothered to watch stuff like "Red Dwarf." I think it is entirely possible to be far too urbane and chic. I was scared stiff, but I liked Aliens. I LOVED, LOVED the original Star Wars (He refuses to call it "New Hope.") but none of the rest of them had that same kind of purity and freshness to them that the first one did.

And I stand by my original comment about unbelievable aliens and a gag-me-with-a-spoon ending. --- I thought I was back in the psychedelic 60's --- "All You Need Is Love." (and what they mean by love has more to do with hormones than self sacrifice.) I mean, wake up and grow up. The world is a tough place and it needs tough love and divine intervention.

Okay, what is the absolute worst horror movie you've ever seen? One that is so bad, it's not even good. One that is so bad, you couldn't even finish watching! My pick would have to be Battlefield Earth. I hate that movie so much. I couldn't even finish watching it. Not like it matters though, I could care less what happens.

After Earth was worse than Battlefield Earth.

Stephen Spielberg's War of the worlds, I couldn't even finish it. they ruined everyting good that was in the book and changed everything bad to much worse.

The Time Guardian 1987 staring Carrie Fisher. Its about City traveling though time trying to escape those cyborg beings that look like Borg Rejects. I don't know if it's been on Mystery Science 3000. But it should be.:eek:

I just have to pop in here and say that I absolutely adore The Fifth Element. Oddly enough, the worst sci-fi that pops into my head (just immediate, not a definitive choice or anything - that is too hard to do) is that other Bruce Willis one. Where everyone is walking around as android avatars of themselves. I forget the name, but it was just awful.

I just have to pop in here and say that I absolutely adore The Fifth Element. Oddly enough, the worst sci-fi that pops into my head (just immediate, not a definitive choice or anything - that is too hard to do) is that other Bruce Willis one. Where everyone is walking around as android avatars of themselves. I forget the name, but it was just awful.

That would be Surrogates

That would be Surrogates

Yes! That one. Blech. The other one that immediately comes to mind is that Justin Timberlake one about people running out of time to live.

And of course Battlefield Earth must always be on worst of all time lists.

Prophecy the Monster Movie 1978 ecological horror film staring Robert Foxworth and Talia Shire . Godawful film.

Prophecy--very bad
The Time Guardian--poor Carrie Fisher. :(

It's too easy to say Plan 9 From Outer Space, or Manos the Hands of Fate...those never had a chance, and now are so much fun to watch. For now I'd go with something like Battlefield Earth, as MC mentioned. They were trying to make a good film, and it had the Scientology side issue, and wow, it failed in such an amazingly epic way. It was an insult to the genre.

Then there was The Beast of Yucca Flats 1961 staring Tor Johnson in what was is finest and final movie role. The man should have gotten oscar consideration for his performance.:D