BOBW 17 last minute changes

Man......this got out of control fast!!! :rolly2:

Just to add my bit.....I would never consider going to and BOBW cons from what ive read on these boards. It seems to me that everyone always cancels and if you are onlt going to see the stargate actors attending then if they cancel....it wouldn't be worth the money you spend.

Just my bit :D

i dont care but they do have a right to advertise their aussie stargate fucntion :p (sorry shelbs thats my mature opinion :))

For those who are basing their opinions on what they read on these boards, let me confirm that those who say "don't go to BOBW" are firmly in the minority.

I can say that with confidence because I just spent an great weekend with a couple of hundred people who have exactly the opposite opinion. Many of them had never been to a BOBW event before, and came away very impressed.

So let me do the math - a handful of nay sayers on the boards (who post frequently and regularly) verses hundreds of people who have a high opinion of BOBW from actually having attended their events. Hmmm...

Unfortunately many lurkers see the frequent and unfounded negative posts and think that is representative when it is not.

For those who are undecided, I say let images speak for me. Visit my photo site for images from the last several BOBW events (it will be a week or two before the ones from last weekend are online).

www.castlesoftware.com.au/peter

Oh, to deal with these "they always cancel" issues, that is simply not true. Please, parroting such sweeping statements just makes one look silly. I suggest that anyone who tosses that line around should think about whether they are repeating what they "KNOW" as hard personal fact, or just what they heard as unsubstantiated gossip on the boards. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it gospel...

BOBW has now done convention #17 (and have three more in planning for 2003), which is more than anyone else in Australia I think. I challenge you all to reach that milestone... (it can only be for the better for Oz fans overall!!)

Originally posted by Jackers
Man......this got out of control fast!!! :rolly2:

Just to add my bit.....I would never consider going to and BOBW cons from what ive read on these boards. It seems to me that everyone always cancels and if you are onlt going to see the stargate actors attending then if they cancel....it wouldn't be worth the money you spend.

Just my bit :D

You have to Understand Jackers it's Not "Bobw's" Fault that that have had Several Cancellations on there Conventions , it happens in any industry in the world not just Scifi conventions , Yes they may have had alot but Actors do get called away for various reasons such as Family, Movie Contacts , Ilness etc etc...

Yes Bobw have had alot of Cancellations in the past/present but you shouldn't base your opinon on not going to them because of that specific reasons you should actually go to one of them yourself and make your own judgement (Assuming you havent gone to a bobw convention before), i have only gone to one convention so far (bobw #14) and Originally General Hammon (Don S Davis) and one other person Cancelled on comming but Bobw make up for that by inviting Replacement Actors such as Hathor and Teal'c which are actors i havent met before let alone any so i was happy to see that the Convention was not totally Cancelled all together which Bobw to my Knowlage have never done before and the only reason i never went to the one just last month was before i was in a situation where i could not afford it but i would have gone regardless because i know that bobw tries there hardest to not let everyone down. And i don't know of any other Convention Organizer Apart from #FSF that bother to even get Startgate Actors out to Australia.

Mordy

Originally posted by ShelbyS

No, I'm afraid I'm with the majority on this one.

Not on this board we don't care. If we ever hear the words BOBW again it'll be too soon.

Shelby, you make me laugh :p

hello cory, hows big year 12 goin? you've probably got it easy over at eyre though what subbies ya doin? tech, applied maths, clothing and textiles etc?

im sure the only thing you've learnt is how to smoke or how to car jack,

Back