Favorite Firefly Quotes

Also dug up this one:

River Tam: (in Badger's accent) "I've met a dozen like you. Skipped off-home early. Minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in the lockdown, but less than you claim. And you're, what, a petty thief with delusions of standing? Sad little king on a sad little hill."
Badger: "Nice to see someone from the old homestead."
River Tam: "Not really. Call me if anyone interesting shows up."
Badger: "I like her."
Jayne: (quietly to the rest of the crew) "That right there... exactly the kind of diversion we could've used."

I liked that scene, but the ones where she saves Kaley by gunning down Niska's men and then turns to her and says "no power in the 'verse can stop me" is my fav. Possibly one of the most creepy and shocking moments in the show... when we see what she might be capable of.

See, I saw Serenity first so it kinda didn't shock me as much as it would've done if I'd saw the series before the film. :(

Another Wash gem that may already be mentioned but I'm lazy:
Wash: "That's just because I'm coming down too fast. Like to crash and kill us all!"
Mal: "Well, when that happens, you let me know."

Yeah that's a good'n!

The scene where they're all just staring up at Jayne's statue ... for far longer than you would imagine it would be possible to maintain expressions of such utter incredulity and bewilderment without speaking ... yep, that would be where I laugh so hard people around me are in fear for their lives. And later, the 'No ... THIS must be what going mad feels like' line. Brings tears to my eyes.

'Yo-Saf-Bridge' was inspired, I agree.

Though Serenity has some marvellous Whedonisms too. Jayne, eagerly: 'I could stand to hear a little more.' I guess there's a Serenity thread somewhere in the film section.

Thanks! I imagine I'd have got there eventually ... so many different sections to explore on this board!

Classic Jayne quote I'd totally forgotten about:
"That's why I never kiss em on the mouth"
The looks on the rest of the crew's faces is hilarious.

Also, one I often say in real life:
Wash: "Some people juggle geese!"

One of my favourites
Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Jayne: "My dear boy. I hope you are well and that you get this soon in your travels. Thank you for the credits you forwarded, they have helped as Matty is still sick with the Damplung. He waves hello, and so does your father. He is in good spirits and there was layoffs but the foreman said no one can weld like a Cobb so he has employment still. I made you the enclosed Ooh! Enclosed! The enclosed to keep you warm on your travels. Hope to hear from you soon, love, mother." How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tchya think?
Wash: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.
Jayne: Damn straight.

'the message'

i love that!!!!!

Yep, those are some of my favourites as well!

Also from 'The Message', straight after the cunning hat bit,
Jayne: What'd y'all order a dead guy for?

A few of my faves...

(Saffron kisses Mal)
Mal: Oh.... I'm going to the special hell.

Alliance Captain: Is there any particular reason you don't wish to discuss your marriage?
Zoe: Don't see that it's any of your business, is all. We're very private people.
(cut to Wash)
Wash: The legs. Oh yeah, definitely have to say it was her legs. You can put that down. Her legs, and where her legs meet her back. Actually, that whole area. That, and above it. Have you seen what she wears? Forget about it. Have you ever been with a warrior woman?

Zoe: Sir? I'd like you to take the helm, please. I need this man to tear all my clothes off.
Wash: Work, work, work...

Mal: Now this is all the money Niska gave us in advance. You bring it back to him, tell him the job didn't work out. We're not thieves... well, we are thieves. Point is, we're not takin' what's his. Now, we'll stay out of his way the best we can from here on in. You explain that that's best for everyone, okay?
Crow: Keep the money. Use it to buy a funeral. It doesn't matter where you go, or how far you fly. I will hunt you down, and the last thing you see will be my blade.
Mal: Darn.
(Mal kicks him into the engine intakes. Another henchman is brought forward.)
Mal: Now this is all the money Niska gave us in advance...
Henchman: Oh, I'm good! Best thing for everyone. I'm right there with ya!

Zoe: Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Simon: I never... never shot anyone before.
Book: I was there, son. I'm fair sure you haven't shot anyone yet.

Wash: Mmm. Wife soup. I must have done good.
Zoe: Yes, dear. You done good.
Mal: Did you tell her?
Wash: Tell her what?
Mal: Your husband has demanded that we sleep together.
Zoe: Really?
Wash: What? Mal, come on...
Mal: He seems to think it would get all this burning sexual tension out in the open. You know, make a fair fight for your womanly affections.
Wash: No! That was the torture talking... Remember? The torture?
Mal: I know it's a difficult mission, but you and I... have to get it on.
Zoe: I understand. We have no choice. Take me, sir. Take me hard.
Jayne: Now something about that is just downright unsettlin'.
Wash: We'll be in our bunk.
Jayne: Hey! Free soup!

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."

"How drunk was I last night?"
"I dont know, i passed out."

"Faster, faster, faster would be better!"

Apologies if quoted before:

Quote A:
Mal: Well look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir!
Mal: Ain't we just.

Quote B:
Mal (to Inara): And you think following the rules will buy you a nice life, even if the rules make you a slave.

Quote C:
Mal: Sure it would be humiliating, having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man.
(Mal stabs Atherton with his sword)
Mal: Guess I'm just a good man.
(Mal stabs Atherton again)
Mal: Well, I'm all right.