Stargates Companion show in trouble (Contacts & Petition re: Farscape Cancellation)

SciFi was bought out by another company not too long ago. It would be interesting to know if that has affected their decisions regarding programming.

PLEASE NOTE!

The new thread in Farscape (and now Stargate) General Discussions entitled "Contact info" has a link to a petition you can sign.

Hmmm, we need some inside information. Have we got any spies? Perhaps a rogue NID operation?

Without knowing why "Farscape" was cancelled it is unrealistic to demand its return. We could be jeopardizing "Stargate" and a possible 7th season. Both shows are expensive to produce and perhaps in the end there can be but one (oh, that's from something else, isn't it? :D)

Letters to Bonnie Hammer should focus on their great previous Friday line-up -- "Dead Zone," "Stargate" AND "Farscape" -- an evening that covered a great demographic of young people and adults. But besides expressing disappointment at the cancellation and the change in the Friday viewing, there isn't much to focus on without more information.

Stargate's probably history after season 6. Sign the petition.

If the cancellation of Farscape means more Stargate then I say let the damn thing go!!!!

I have to admit, I hate Farscape, but good luck none the less, there's nothing worse then having your favorite show cancelled.

And I have to agree, SG1 is over after S6. Oh well, hopefully the spin off will be good :)

petitions are good, and anyone who wants to, please feel free to sign it. But one thing i've heard is that petitions are so easy to rig that folks don't really give them much credit.

If you have time, a nice polite postcard to sci-fi asking them to please reconsider will likely do more.

Even a simple 'please don't cancel my favorite show' is sufficient to tell them that folks are watching

Kegsta-- do you mean mirc? I get a "no such site as irc.scifi.com" message. I'm on the scifi chat right now. Probably keep it there, even if I don't do much chatting. :(

It appears that the German company EMTV (who bought Henson back in 2000) are the ones who wanted Farscape axed. Don't know why. Possibly because their main push is children's programming and Farscape is just too dark for them... may be why, according to DK, Brian was literally 'running to the ends of the Earth' trying to save Farscape as of Friday. Poor guy. This has been his baby (as much as anyone else's) since 1993!

Try the fax machines again Monday morning. We might be able to get through. And stress the "release" FS to other networks angle. If EMTV doesn't want it, and SciFi can't afford it without them, then maybe Fox or UPN or the WB might want to pick it up. Try emailing those networks, too. Just drop them a note that you watch their other sci-fi shows and think Farscape would be a welcome addition to their lineups. We can try!

SG1 MAY be history after S6 -- or maybe not. A spinoff MIGHT happen or it might not. Rumors abound in all directions.

Money spent to refloat Farscape could well be sucked out of the budget that promotes Stargate's continuation in any form -- film included. I'm not enough of a Farscape fan to risk it.

This is one of those "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" situations. :(

Anthony suggested that we call Conan O'Brian, too. Seems he's always supported the show, too.

I'd suggest we call UPN, Fox and the WB, too, but only if there was ANY chance they could get the rights to air the first three seasons of FS. They might want to pick it up if SciFi won't dish out the $$$.

ask and you shall recieve. LOL

" fans should also express their passion about the show to UPN, TNT, and Showtime." To that end, we have the following information for you:

Write, fax and call UPN, TNT & Showtime.

Here is the relevant contact info:

UPN

Dean Valentine (CEO)
Adam Ware (COO)
Todd Lituchy (Sr VP, Sched & Aquisitions)
Danielle Greene (Alternative Development, Current programming)

United Paramount Network
11800 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Phone: 310-575-7000
fax: 310 575 7210

E-mail: feedback@upn.com

SHOWTIME

Jerry Offsay (Pres., programming)
Mathew Duda (VP, aquisitions and planning)
Gary Levine (VP., Original programming)

Showtime Networks
10880 Wilshire Blvd. Stes. 1500 & 1600
Los Angeles, CA 90024

phone 310-234-5200
fax: 310-234-5393

and on the East Coast

Mathew C Blank (Chairman, CEO)
Frank Pintauro (Sr VP, Creative Director, Original Programming)

Showtime Networks
1633 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
phone: 212-708-1600
Fax: 212-708-1217

TNT

Robert DeBitetto (pres, original programming)
Julie Wietz (exec vp. original programming)

Turner Network Television
1888 Century Park East, 14th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
phone: 310-551-6300

or

Turner Network Television
1050 Techwood Dr. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
phone - 404/827-2599
phone - 404-827-1647
fax - 404/827-1700
fax - 404 - 885 - 4318

Scifi's press release:

The SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not pick up its original series Farscape for a fifth season. "There are no bigger fans of Farscape than we here at SCI FI Channel," the network said in a statement. "It was one of SCI FI's first original series and quickly became a critical and fan favorite. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to reach a broader audience, Farscape has been unable to grow beyond its core fan base. That, coupled with the extreme and growing cost of production, has led to the difficult decision to end the series at the conclusion of season four."

Contacts re: Farscape Cancellation

As expected, Karlsweb, a site dedicated completely to Farscape, has an incredible amount of people you can contact to support a fifth season of this show. He includes email addresses/links, web sites, addresses, telephone numbers, and names for many newspapers and their editors, to name a few.

Please go to http://starburstcards.com/KarlswebNewscape/
to support this show and prevent its cancellation.

Sending out letters to UPN and TNT tomorrow. Phone calls to follow. :)

Letter from Virginia Hey re: cancellation

Darling friends,

Farscape needs your help urgently and desperately!

Farscape has been cancelled by the Sci-Fi Channel, NO MORE SEASONS, and David Kemper has asked us ALL to help, we need you to storm USA Networks with calls and letters. (NOT emails, they don't work under these circumstances.)

We have only till next Wednesday Sept 11th before the sets will start to be destroyed.. My beloved Pilot has already been dissmantled and put in a box!!!!!!! They are about to film the last week of the last ep of season 4 next week, so PLEASE hurry!!!!!

Send urgent letters requesting a season 5 to:

USA USA NETWORKS
SCIFI CHANNEL AUDIENCE SERVICES
1230 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS, F115
NEW YORK, NY 10020-1513

The Scifi Channel: Rockefeller Center
PO BOX 331 - NY, NY 10185

AND CALL
212-413-5000
OR 212-413-5821
OR 212-413-5577
EMAIL programming@scifi.com413-5821
EMAIL programming@scifi.com

I pray that our plea is heard. Write as many times as you can, get
everyone you know to call and write..

Your friend, sad and confused,

Luv ya

Ginny XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Imagine that. Virginia isn't even on the show anymore and she's upset! And what a day for them to start to dismantle the set. Sept. 11! Now that has to be a bad omen.

Yes, they've been dismantling, but not destroying. This is a good thing... kind of. :(

Ginny loves these guys, so of course she's upset. Plus it would mean no more Zhaan... not even in a flashback or like they used her already this season. No guest shots. No visits back to her pals. No wrap-day party. No fun. :(

We gotta post on her site to let her know what we're doing. It'll hearten her, I think, to see all the letters and telegrams we've sent.