Seeing Stars --

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Well, I was watching "Bring it On" yesterday -- and there are 2 Buffy alumni present --

Eliza Dushku (Faith) as Missy

and

Clare Kramer (Glory) as Courtney

it's a cheesey movie, but fun too --

And, a few weeks ago, sis and I were watching "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (totally skip this movie, it's horrid) -

but -

Eliza Dushku was in it, as was Marc Blucas (Riley) - and get this - Blucas plays 'Fred' - as in Scooby Doo - it's mildly amusing to see his bad hair and the scarf around his neck -- but it didn't make the movie any better -----

[Highlander II: Well, I was watching "Bring it On" yesterday -- and there are 2 Buffy alumni present -- Eliza Dushku... and Clare Kramer...]

There's that post. There are so many times that I see something and think that I'll come back to followup and then I can't find it or forget.

Actually, "Bring It On" is the answer to one of the trivia questions on my Cooke's Buffy the Vampire Slayer Quizzes.

[Highlander II: Blucas plays 'Fred' - as in Scooby Doo...]

Now, that I didn't know. I may have to look that up, just to see it.

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

Well, since we're naming Buffy alum movie appearances I just gotta chime in.

Mark Blucas was in the Freddie Prinze Jr. flick "Summer Catch". He played a ballplayer who likes "big" women.

And you can catch both Eliza and Amber Benson both in that movie with Paul Reiser and Randy Quaid as divorced dads spending a weekend with their kids. Wouldn't you know it, I can't remember the name of it. I wanna say "Fools for Love" or something corny like that. Anyway, this was back before they were on Buffy and they both look really young.

And if memory serves, didn't our favorite rogue Slayer play Arnold's daughter in "True Lies"?! I believe she did. And again, she's looking pretty young in that one too.

Then there's that horrid "murder" mystery movie that Nicky did with the girl from Six Feet Under - "Summer Beach Party" or something like that. It's been on HBO for like a thousand years now. Can't seem to sit through the whole thing. Not a good flick.

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

I just remembered the name of that Eliza/Amber movie - "Bye, Bye Love"!

On the theme of "They look so young!", don't forget to check out a 14-year-old Alyson "Willow" Hannigan as Dan Aykroyd's daughter in "My Stepmother Is an Alien".

Not only do you get to see Alyson's first movie role, but you get to watch a pretty good movie, instead of cable scraps.

Cool - I didn't know that was Allyson in "My Stepmother..." (then again - it's been AGES since I've seen that)

Well - to keep with this --

James Marsters is in "House on Haunted Hill" (the new one) - for like 15 minutes at the beginning - oh, and as soon as his part's over - turn off the movie - you'll be glad you did!

He also had a small part on "Andromeda" - in which he plays Spike Boliv -- wait his name is Charlamagne (sp?) Bolivar -- and whoever wrote the part, wrote Spike w/o the British slang. (not good at all)

David Boreanaz is in "Valentine" - not the best, but better than "HoHH" --

Sarah Michelle Gellar is in "Cruel Intentions" - this is actually the first thing I saw her in - well, that I really remember - and I'm kinda glad I saw this before Buffy - b/c I'm not sure I would have liked her much if I'd seen Buffy first - not that she's not good as Buffy, but b/c S1 is really cheesey ---- (which isn't really a bad thing) --

There are many many more -- but I'll stop there for now ---

Well, I was watching "Profiler" last night, and The Mayor (from S3 - sorry, I don't remember his name) was "The Mouse King" - a kidnapper who called himself the Mouse King.

Also, Rachel Burke's apartment is the same apartment that the Mayor gave Faith in S3 - how interesting ---

Amber Benson is in a movie (straight to video) called "Taboo" -- it's okay -- like 2.5 out of 5 stars (on my scale anyway) -- it's kinda cliche w/ the ending - but it's not bad ---

Oh - Amber Benson, James Marsters, and AtS alum, Andy Hallett are all in Amber's movie - Chance (which I'm waiting for to come out on video or something -- read it might release this year sometime)

And - James Marsters is in a lovely film called Winding Roads - which you can get on video here

(and yet one more thread rises from the ashes!)

Well, let's do the rundown so we can track our favs now that the series is over.

[No Buffy plot spoilers mentioned.]

SMG - Most of you know that she is filming Scooby-Doo II, which includes Seth "Oz" Green in the cast.

She is also reported to be working on "2004: A Light Knight's Odyssey" for the SCI FI Web Channel. The animated show is intended to be educational entertainment and boasts a star-studded line-up, including John Travolta, James Earl Jones, Christian Slater, Samuel L. Jackson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ann Archer, Robert Picardo, Micheal York and more.

Finally, she is also supposed to be lined-up for "Romantic Comedy" in which she plays the lead character - a young woman who doesn't know a long-time friend has fallen in love with her. The plot is described as: A guy intends to woo the women he loves by using romantic ideas from famous films.

==============

Alyson will soon be on the big screen again in "American Wedding" another in a seemingly endless series of "American Pie" movies. She will be the bride... but will she play the flute?

==============

Nick Brandon's pilot for FOX was not picked up for a series, but his official website (nickbrendon.com) still holds out hope that it might be a replacement if one of the scheduled series bombs out mid-season.

==============

At last report, Anthony's BBC series "Manchild" was still going strong. And we hope that Joss gets around to that "Ripper" spin-off that has been talked about for years.

He is also listed as a part of the cast in a UK TV movie entitled, "Reversals". The project is reportedly in post-production and the plot is described as: Young medical professional couple swap identities and gender to escape from husband's vengeful, psychopathic lover.

Anthony is also in the cast of a TV movie for the US market called, "And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself". Antonio Banderas plays the Mexican revolutionary of the early 1900's. It is unknown how big a role ASH has in this project. It begins filming in October.

==============

James Marsters plans are a secret, for now.

==============

Michelle is filiming "The Ugly Americans" (let's hope they change the title). She plays a German pen pal who has been doing an American boys German homework for him. When the young man discovers that the pen pal who has invited him to visit, is not a gay man, but the beautiful Michelle, he takes off for Europe with his pals in tow - and wackiness ensues.

==============

Emma was seen on the big screen and shortly on video in "Darkness Falls", an attempt to start a new monster movie franchise. This time the ghoulie is called "The Tooth Fairy" (Okayyyy) and Emma plays a hard-to-kill damsel in distress (gee, that part sounds familiar).

==============

Eliza is currently on the big screen (debuting a disappointing #7 this week) in "Wrong Turn" about some friends on a trip who become stranded in the woods and find they are being stalked by in-bred mountain folk. (Hey, isn't that "Deliverance"?)

Her series begins on FOX next season. It is called "Tru Calling". Eliza stars as Tru Davies who begins her night job in the City Morgue only to find that the dead seem to speak to her. She learns how a young woman died and then suddenly awakes at the beginning of the day. She realizes that she has been given a chance to change the events of that day and cheat death. Each week some variation of that plot device will be played out. To add to the drama, Tru's family is evidentally a very troubled one.

==============

That's all I have time for now. Perhaps if there is interest I will try to track down...

Riley?

Dru?

Andrew?... nah.

==============

James Marsters plans are a secret, for now.

Are we talkin' the 'spoilery' plans?

B/c right now - he and the rest of Ghost of the Robot are getting jet-set to begin their tour in Europe -- but beyond that - nuthin

==============

Her series begins on FOX next season. It is called "Tru Calling". Eliza stars as Tru Davies who begins her night job in the City Morgue only to find that the dead seem to speak to her. She learns how a young woman died and then suddenly awakes at the beginning of the day. She realizes that she has been given a chance to change the events of that day and cheat death. Each week some variation of that plot device will be played out. To add to the drama, Tru's family is evidentally a very troubled one.

Um - twisted version of Quantum Leap much?