Jar Jar Binks vs The Ewoks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabitha

Save Angel!
Jar Jar Binks. What on earth was George Lucas thinking? The question on everyone's lips upon watching Episode I... Hated so much that he had some 8 minutes of screen time in Episode II - I hope the actor wasn't being paid by the word ;)

I was only about 8 years old when Jedi came out - I am pretty sure I thought they were stupid at the time, but as I have grown older I have realised that they are totally ridiculous and are the sole reason I don't rate "Jedi" as highly as the other films.

But which of these two crimes against the Star Wars franchise wound you up the most?

I think I would have to go with Jar Jar.....

this is a tough question...

One one hand you have the ewoks. Annoying little creatures that had us all shaking out heads and wondering what in the heck was that all about when we watched ROTJ. I will give them one thing though. They did reveal exactly how incompetant the Empire was in case anyone hadn't figured that out by this time. I mean a bunch of ugly little bear things kicking the tail end of the stormtroopers was rather funny in my opinion.

Then you have Jar Jar. Equaled in annoyance factor in my personal opinion only by C-3PO. I hated him in the first movie but at least the part he had in the second one was important

I am gonna have to go with Jar Jar too I think.

meesa think Jar Jar gonna win :lol:

As for poor old C3PO - he was annoying in an endearing kinda way ;)

Oh, Noooo! Ouch Time! Mesa no understand dis poll! Yousa all don't luv me?

Ewoks got a grand good army. Wesa help kick Empire's ass. Now Ewoks my friends for all days. Forever and forever.

Mesa not luv Yousa no more!

C-3PO simply took the place of Jar Jar in Ep II AotC.

I never liked Ewoks, but Jar Jar is going to win this.

Jar Jar. Annoying. Must. Kill. Jar. Jar. NOW!

I quite liked the Ewoks; sure they weren't brilliant but hey, they were at least furry. Furry things with big eyes tend to get away with things.

Big, long-legged, goofy, idiotic, tongue-lolling monstrosities don't.

That's my opinion anywah:D

Jar Jar is a waste of space, even compared to the Ewoks. Did he even do anything useful? And can you imagine people voting for him? Crazy :cool:

Originally posted by Diamond9697
well....technically he did something useful in Ep II for Palpatine at least ;)

All the more reason for a slow painful death?

Hehehe. Naw, I can't hate him *too* badly, even if I do like all the Sith put together much much more. I mean, he can't all be bad.... erm... yes....

Jar Jar's poo! If stormtroopers lose a battle with some teddy bears throwing sticks and stones then jarjar wont last two minutes with the ewoks!

You guys are baggin on Jar Jar's role in AOTC like he was some dumb dolt. Granted, but remember, Palpatine is manipulating the Jedi, too and he manipulated Padme into calling for that vote of no confidence in Chancellor Vallorum, paving the way for Palpatine to become the leader of the Republic (and later the Empire). JarJar has some pretty good company in the "been duped by a pro" department.

While JarJar does annoy me, he does serve a purpose, so I have to say he's unappreciated.

The Ewoks on the other hand just plain kick bootie. Sure, they're fuzzy, but so is Chewie, and I don't hear you baggin on the Wookies. ;) Besides, they did pretty well against forces with much superior weaponry (after taking some pretty heavy losses at first) and were able to adapt quickly and help their allies. Not bad for a bunch a furballs! :D

Originally posted by pkgrl
The Ewoks on the other hand just plain kick bootie. Sure, they're fuzzy, but so is Chewie, and I don't hear you baggin on the Wookies. ;)

I wish they had been, I could have accepted it if they had been, some say GL's original intention was that they were Wookies. Wookies are big, angry, scary creatures with hair, that you don't mess with. Ewoks are not.

Problem is, GL wanted the furry guys to be technologically inferior and Wookies are really advanced (or so Chewie has led us to believe) so they wouldn't work. The point of the battle was that ingenuity and heart could win out over technology... ala the Viet Kong (sp), which was his inspiration for the Battle of Endor.

They are both under rated as it was thanks to Jar Jar's clumsiness that that the ground Battle Of Naboo was helped to victory

As for the Ewoks, a primitave race being able to defeat the Empire is simply brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yoda Star Wars (films) 55
Yoda Star Wars (films) 0