Qui-Gon Jinn and Boba Fett to appear in Ep III

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Lucas Reveals Episode III Hints
George Lucas revealed a few tidbits about the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III to Starlog magazine, according to a report on TheForce.net. Among other things, he confirmed that Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) and Boba Fett will appear in Episode III. Jinn's appearance was foreshadowed in the current Episode II: Attack of the Clones, in which his voice can be heard in the background as Anakin attacks the Tusken Raiders.

"It's a plot point," Lucas told the magazine. "All I can really say is that you'll find out [more] in the next film. If you thought really hard, you would probably be able to figure it out, but it really is a setup for the next film. It's connected with the whole ability to be brought into and become a part of the Force, but still be able to retain your ability, which, up to this point, Anakin couldn't do. We talked to Liam about [recording new dialogue], and we went back and forth [about it]. This [dialogue] is something we already had [from Episode I]. Next time will be a little more complicated."

Lucas added, "Boba will be in Episode III, but his role definitely won't be larger. He's in a transition period of becoming a bounty hunter. The next film takes place two or three years later, so Boba would only be 13 and still wouldn't fit in the suit."

Lucas also offered a hint about Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader. "The scene where Anakin does actually become Vader is pretty good [as written in Lucas' Episode III outline]. I mean, I like it. It's a little in the vocabulary of ... I don't know how much I want to give away ... but it's in the vocabulary of a time, of the 1930s and 1940s. It's a pretty neat little thing, I think, and hopefully it's going to work."

Neeson Hears Qui-Gon's Ghost
Liam Neeson told SCI FI Wire that he wasn't surprised to hear that the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn, his slain Star Wars: Episode I character, factors into the action in Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones. And he remained mum on his reported appearance in the upcoming Episode III. "I haven't seen [Episode II]," Neeson said in an interview. "My sons told me about it, but I knew it was going to happen."

In a spoiler for the latest prequel, Qui-Gon's cry of "No, Ani!" can be heard as Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) massacres the Tusken raiders that murdered his mother, Shmi (Pernilla August). "I don't know how they did that," Neeson said. "We tried to record something here [in New York City, where Neeson lives]. But then they digitalized something and put it together and sent it to me, the way they can these days, to hear [and for his approval]. I thought, 'That's good.'"

As for whether Neeson will return in either corporeal or ghostly form for Episode III, Neeson said, "I can't answer that. The Jedi code of ethics."

I was wondering about Boba Fett, since he witness his fathers death and last seen picking up his fathers helmet, when EVERYONE was leaving the planet Geonosis........

Who raised him? How did he become a bounty hunter? How did he get off the planet or did he?

haha thats great news so Qui-Gon Jin get to finally join the ranks of the guest staring clear blue Jedi :D :rolly2: , i also wonder about Bobba Fett, mabye he gets a master that he later kills who knows.