The 6th Day (2000)

Discussion in 'General Film Discussion' started by Stevie, Oct 20, 2001.

Stevie

Stevie Middle Earth

This Movie Sucked

I regret going to the movies to see it, what rubbish!!
    Chilly

Chilly New Member

yeh

hmmmm iagree....
    Highlander II

Highlander II There can be only one!! Staff Member

yeah - must concur --

tho, the only reason i watched it was b/c Colin Cunningham had a small part in it --- he was the snow-boarding/bandana wearing anti-cloning guy -- and if they'd used him better, the movie might have had a chance - but they were too stuck on making sure Arnie got all the screen time -----

if anyone really cares, i'm gonna tuck the next bit under a spoiler marking

Colin is the guy who shoots himself in the face to protect what he knows
    Krystal

Krystal New Member

Well, I'm in the minority here. :lol: I enjoy the movie, don't find it so bad. Maybe not Arnold's better movie but it was entertaining. And the story was pretty cool. Specially love the villains, every time they were killed and return to life as a clone. Specially love the guy they always kill and return feeling how they killed him, he was a blast. :laugh:

Krystal :D
    Morrigan

Morrigan My Final Fantasy

The sexy always die young

Why do all the good looking guys always die gruesome and early deaths in movies like this?
    Highlander II

Highlander II There can be only one!! Staff Member

b/c Arnie always has to be the hero?

Colin Cunningham's character seemed to be more important than they made him out to be -

He was one of those 'clone chaser' guys -- (Or something like that - been a while since I've seen this) -- and wouldn't they include him more? add some suspense and 'real' action to the movie?

Noooooo- instead what happens? He shoots himself in the head - how cliche and boring ---- blah blah blah --

but he looked totally sexy in that bandana!! woohoo!!
    Morrigan

Morrigan My Final Fantasy

*snort* "I... I MUST protect what is *taps forehead* up here!"

If Colin hadn't died, it would have added some depth to the movie that is lacked otherwise. If he had survived, it could have made the film a study of the clone debate. As it is, the film is just poor excuse for an action film.
    Metryq

Metryq Cave Painter

Hardly, as the film didn't come even close to addressing any of the real science behind cloning. (Like why a cat named Cc does not look or act anything like her "mother.") At best it was a 25 watt action movie, despite getting twice the Arnold for the price of one. At worst it was a propaganda piece.